People with HUD, Question 4 U

MommyTaz022200

My boyfriend's car has HUD and when the speedo says 65 the HUD says 71. I'm not sure if my HUD is different then my speedo since I can't drive it right now. Does anyone else have this happen too? It's only different at highway speeds. If this is common which is actually the right readout? (I would guess HUD but want to know if anyone really knows.)

Guest Anonymous

My HUD is off by about 2 mph... always go by what the HUD says, the dials can be off...

what kind of car does your bf have, which has HUD???

It's not the gauges, it's the chip solder problems like GM is known for. My car used to have that problem, but the p/o re-soldered the dash, and no more problem. I need to re-solder my cutty dash, it is digital and displays about 5% of the time. :x

To make my speedo accurate, I had to piggyback a 1 or 10megaohm resistor across the factory calibration resistor.

Yep, HUD is always the most accurate. It gets speed by mathematically calculating the input from the VSS. The analog speedo is just a voltmeter calibrated by a resistor.