Cruise Control not working

Bruticus

under the hood...around the cruise control servo (a bisc circular object right above the battery)

check for little plastic vacuum lines in that area (one connect to the servo itself)...most likely they're cracked or broken...make sure and trace them back to the plenum and check the other one that branch off...one goes to a canister under the battery...i forget where the other one goes

Put your foot behind the brake pedal and pull it up toward you then see if cruise works. If so, the brake light switch needs adjustment. If you have a manual trans, same is true for the clutch.

Tim

Have you made sure the vacuum check valve is still in one piece?

Now somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the cruise module completely electronic and not vacuum actuated on the 94-up W's? I believe the control module and servo unit are one piece and don't have the huge vacuum diaphragm like the older models did. Here's a pic of the cruise module on my Regal:

fuse.jpg

I know the one in my Lumina is the same.

First thing I would check is the multifunction stalk (the signal lever) to see if the wires sticking out of it are broken or if the connection to the wiper switch is faulty. If replacing the stalk doesn't work, change the brake light switch and finally the whole module/servo assembly...