Rocker Panel removal

Dirty Rockstar

Hey all.. Winter 03/04 kicked my car's ass big time.. The rocker panels basically disintegrated to holy, rusted out hunks of metal.. I now need to know.. How do I go about removing a donor set from a Junk Yard? Because before I put the GP side skirts on, I need to have this addressed.. Any info, Id most most appreciative! Thanks guys!

I believe they have to be cut off. I think that was how it was on my Cav. The passenger rocker panel rusted out but I never got around to fixing it. Glad I didn't... got totalled.

Hey all.. Winter 03/04 kicked my car's ass big time.. The rocker panels basically disintegrated to holy, rusted out hunks of metal.. I now need to know.. How do I go about removing a donor set from a Junk Yard? Because before I put the GP side skirts on, I need to have this addressed.. Any info, Id most most appreciative! Thanks guys!

Just bring along your portable solar powered plasma cutter. If you don't have one of those, the yard should have a guy with some big old torches that can cut them out. Make sure you get plenty of extra material past what you'll actually use. When you get them home, you can take your time and cut out just what you need.

Do you really want to put "rust belt" body panels on your car? Take a trip to the Southwestern U.S. and look at some yards there :lol: . Seriously though, it's doubtful you're going to find many Loomies that are rust free up in these neck of the woods (well you might find one, who knows.) For shits and giggles, I'd maybe take a stab at calling a few boneyards down in the "sun belt," just to see what they'd charge to cut out the rocker panels and have them shipped up here...

I LIKE plasma cutters... I like anything I can BURN things with..

beavis.gifYeah yeah, FFFFFIRE! FIRE!

I remember reading in my old LeSabre's FSM that you had to drill out a few spot welds and cut a couple of seams to get the rockers to pop out...