Did a 1990 Dale Earnhart Edition Lumina Euro Ever Exist?

1990 Lumina Euro Coupe

I was telling a friend about my Lumina the other day, and he happend to mention that he once saw a 1990 Dale Earnhart Lumina many years ago.

I never knew that they made them back then. Has anyone heard if they did? Details?

Now my curiosity is piqued. ;)

Guest Anonymous

what is with alll these NASCAR special edition w-body's??? Dale ernhart editions, petty editions, daytona 500 editions, cutlass pace cars, etc?

GM wanted to make them worthless by pushing out soo many of these 'special edition' cars. They become not-so-special when there are tons of 'em all over the road.

Yes, they were Z34's.

He's not into Dubyas, so he probably does not know the difference. So They did make a Earnhart edition in 1990?

OMG! No wonder he said that he had once seen an Earnhart edition that looks like mine. Save for the Z-34 kit and decals; my 1990 Euro looks just like that one. The color scheme is even the same. :shock:

Quick edit:

Is that a 1990? I know the grill looks like the 1990-only style, but I have seen those pics on a few other sites just now, and they all claim it is a 1992 Z-34 5-speed. I even found a few more of the same car with the same background. It has some different rear and side shots.

I thought Gary from efi had the only 92 DE 5speed. 25 DE's and his was the only 5 speed or were there 2?

There were 2. I have the same pics on my computer, there was one on ebay several years ago just like that. And if i remember correctly that was a Dale Earnhardt Chevy version one.

Besides the GM produced ones, Dale Earnhardt Chevy made seperate versions....along with camaros, trucks, impalas, etc.

that DE Z34 is a 92. the only real ones from Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet were 92's. There have been some 90's that people have done themselves that have been on ebay numerous times. But the only real ones were from 92. God I HAVE to have that car!!

That DE car is sweet! I bet those would cost a boatload now.. The only other NASCAR W-body I'd go after is a real pace car. I don't know if they still sell them, but they used to. I could of bought a 2002 Grand Prix from the Michigan cup race for 11,000, but that was.. well.. too expensive.

OMG! No wonder he said that he had once seen an Earnhart edition that looks like mine. Save for the Z-34 kit and decals; my 1990 Euro looks just like that one. The color scheme is even the same. :shock:

Quick edit:

Is that a 1990? I know the grill looks like the 1990-only style, but I have seen those pics on a few other sites just now, and they all claim it is a 1992 Z-34 5-speed. I even found a few more of the same car with the same background. It has some different rear and side shots.

Z34's started in 91.

That DE car is sweet! I bet those would cost a boatload now.. The only other NASCAR W-body I'd go after is a real pace car. I don't know if they still sell them, but they used to. I could of bought a 2002 Grand Prix from the Michigan cup race for 11,000, but that was.. well.. too expensive.

There is a 2000 California 500 pacecar that has been popping up on ebay. Amongst other ones, just a matter of trusting something over the net.

Quick edit:

Z34's started in 91.

That's what I was thinking. I was only aware of two versions of Lumina in 1990: Base and Euro, which was the sport model.

I wonder what the production numbers were for the GM produced Luminas?

I could find that out for ya. At Border's Book store they've had a huge Chevrolet history book and it told the production #'s for Luminas and just about every other car. Also told MSRP for the cars back when they were new. in 94 i think they made around 87,000 or something like taht. I cant remmeber. Im too cheap the books like $35, so i go and just memorize the lumina stuff :lol:

I could find that out for ya. At Border's Book store they've had a huge Chevrolet history book and it told the production #'s for Luminas and just about every other car. Also told MSRP for the cars back when they were new. in 94 i think they made around 87,000 or something like taht. I cant remmeber. Im too cheap the books like $35, so i go and just memorize the lumina stuff :lol:

How many Earnhardt Lumina's were produced, do you remember what the book said about that? That is what I was wanting to know, how many Earnhardt Lumina's GM produced. The Earnhardt Chevy produced ones, where not authentic.

I dont think the Lumina assembly plant made any. I think Earnhardt chevrolet only made them. and they made them only in 1992 and somewhere around 17-30 of them.