TPS issues

RareGMFan

Ok, if you've seen this thread,

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18674

you noticed how I mention the TPS as one of the things I've changed recently (even though it didn't need it). You'll also notice I say that it's having some rough, high idling issues. Well, I finally got my first SES light yesterday, and checked it out today. It's giving me a code 22: TPS sensor voltage low. :shock:

Did I install this wrong? Is that even possible? I have a TPS issue after I replace it?? I was worried something wasn't right, because when I first installed the new one and started her up, the RPMs jumped to 3K!! I had to manually tune it down, as waiting for the computer to feel out the new sensor wasn't working. What could be wrong?

Read it. Thanks! Copy/Paste of what I wrote in response:

Hmmmm....that's interesting. Although what has me puzzled in my case is that it had no idleing issues before I replaced the TPS, and it started immediately after installation (as in right when I installed it, and started the car up a few seconds later). Also, I just tried unplugging it today, and it is still idling WAY too high. I drove it over to a buddies, and it was doing 2K RPM. I unplug it, and start her up, and she goes to 3K RPM!!!!! I plugged it back in, but it stayed at 3K RPM!!! I tried unplugging it again, and it was still at 3K RPM. I tried to manual adjust it to turn it down, but it wouldn't drop below 3K. Needless to say, I was freaking out. I mainly went over there to do the fuel filter, but I was to much of a pissed off wreck to worry about it after that. I went to drive it home, and it went back to 2K RPM. Never thought I'd be glad to see that. On the way home, I noticed the idle had returned to semi normal again (rough, but correct RPMs, just as it's always been since I bought it). However, it was bucking every time I took my foot off of the pedal (decelerating). It's always done this, but not this harshly. It also had a major hesitation every time I stepped on the pedal from a stand still, and when I was pulling into the street my apartments are on, it died all together when I tried to go. I got home, tried swapping computers with the TGP, and started her up again. It started fine, then the idle nearly dropped too low, and then it shot up to 3K RPM and stayed there. WHAT'S SHE DOING!?!?!?