poly bushings for upper mounts

no1kicker

Guys I have a few questions about the poly bushing mod for the upper motor mounts. I have a spare set and I want to add the poly bushings, I will get them from pep boys online for $20 shipped for each pair. I've been reading some older posts but still need ot know:

Do the bushings come with the sleeve (I think that's what it's called), the metal piece that goes around the bolt. Cause I threw mine away, since the rubber bushing was coming apart.

Does anyone have them in on just one side? I read that it might put too much stress on the rubber bushing. Just wanted to know if this was true.

Yeah, they come with the metal sleeve. I had both sides done on my 92....too much vibraition. Just do poly on the motor side of the mount. Thats what I got now in the STE, much bette

Thanks, robby. I'm gonna go order a set soon.

BTW, off topic, I have a question for you. WHen you had 1.6 rockers, what brand did you have? And where did they rub, and how did you fix it.

Thanks.

Thanks, robby. I'm gonna go order a set soon.

BTW, off topic, I have a question for you. WHen you had 1.6 rockers, what brand did you have? And where did they rub, and how did you fix it.

Thanks.

I had Comp Cams Magnum Roller Tips. The pushrods rubbed in the middle of the "U" on the guideplates. I just ground out some material from teh middle of the "U", just the middle, not the sides, and it worked. Thats what everyone else does too for the Comp Cams

Awesome. :)

BTW anyone know about how much it would cost to have a machine shop drill my mounts for the poly bushings?

Do it yourself if you have a drill press. Thats what I did. 1 3/4" bimetal hole saw and lots of 3 in 1 oil. And go slow, you are drilling into cast iron

One more question. :)

I found the part # 37103G on Chris A's website. I'm assuming they make different colored ones. But that part # is for black. So where can I find the part #'s for colored ones, maybe blue?