GP turning over than stalling

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

After i had to jumpstart the 92 today, i finally got it runninga nd took it for a spin to let the batttery recharge. However, i am noticing a problem...

Sometimes when I start it, it turns over and the engine starts, but than quickly stalles unless i rev the car ALOT and even then it still stalls... i know its time for a new engine but what may be cuasing this? anyone else have teh same problem?

either a bad fuel pump, fuel fiter, coil packs, spark plugs /wiriing....

the list continues you could have a combination of that kinda stuff

we've had a lot of that around here lately. :shock:

Guest Anonymous

I hate the car's engine. There are so many goddamn things wrong with it.

you dont think the head gasket would have anything to do with it?

ross i have a solution for you...throw out the 3.4 and get a more dependable engine that you can not have to whine about every 5 mins :wink:

*COUGH* 3.1 *COUGH* 3100 *COUGH* 3800 *COUGH*

:mrgreen:

Guest Anonymous

*cough* I want something better but dont have the money to do a swap (yet)

Its quite frsutarting when you finally get the ar you wanted for years and its dead :?

Its quite frsutarting when you finally get the ar you wanted for years and its dead :?

The key is you have what you always wanted...thats the hard part...getting it. Now its just getting the motor lined up and you will be good to go. It took me 10 years to replace my El Camino. When I found this one I lucked out and got an SS ...but the seats were gone and the motor and trans was gone...and the windsheild was broke...so you are past the worst part of it all. so :D

Guest Anonymous

Oh no doubt I am thrilled with it despite the engine troubles. I just wish I was driving it too :D I like it much better than my 95 sedan and everyone thinks im crazy.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, the gaskets are shot, as well as:

Whatever is causing the starting problem

The HUD

foglights

coolant leak

trunk leak

secuirty system

turn signals

check gauges light

assorted engine failures and troubles which may be cuuasing:

extreme oil burning/smokey exhaust

rough driving, using oil quickly, coolant leak, shaky engine, foul smelling exhaust, etc etc

at least the body is good, no rust, no scratches. The undercarriage still has all the blue paint- is this normal? interior is good w/ all options

i'll quit whining now... its 12 years old! I need a life!

If the headgaskets are shot, I wouldn't be driving it around too much. Fix the headgasket first and then concentrate on the other problems.

Guest Anonymous

i dont usullay drive it around alot, just around the storage sheds for about 30 seconds or just start it in the parking lot for a few minutes once a week to keep everything from junking up and to keep the battery charged, whhich obviously hasnt worked due to the stupid security system. I never take it on the road, since its not registered.

The headgaskets are a must.