Phantom drains

loominaz34

Hey all, I'm going to have some time to work on my Z this weekend, the problem I'll be addressing first is why my battery keeps going dead when The car Is not started.

The alternator is good although that's not part of the problem. The trunk light and the underhood light are not staying on. any other areas I should check before I start testing ALL the circuits?

If you don't drive the car for a long period of time (parked during the winter or something) the battery can go dead for no real reason. When it was real cold even though I had the car in the garage I'd take the battery out if not driven more than a week and put it inside the house somewhere.

It may just be a bad battery. You may have checked it because that is normally the first thing i think of but you didn't say you did so i thought i would say that. I had it where my ignition would not shut every thing off like my cd player and wipers and that on my old grand am. I wonder why i shut the car off and my amp was still on then if found out why.

Yeah, I got to check the battery today and it was at 11.1 Volts, so I started charging it while i went to the store. About 1 hour passes and I come home and look at the charger, still drawing the same 5 amps. It was then I realized that there was battery acid all over the floor. good thing I got the lifetime battery.

By the way, don't buy a sam's club battery. It sat for two months in the car before spilling it's guts all over the floor of my dad's garage.

Don't buy one from Crappy Tire either, if they can blame the battery failing on you at all they will not honor the warranty, dirty bastards.

If the car sat at all do not tell them cause the will screw you hard core, just tell them for no reason what so ever it died. Say that you drive your car daily and that your entire electrical system inc. the alt. was tested for any faults and the "garage" determined that it was solely the battery failing.

They just screwed themselves out of so much business!!!! I've been screwed by them for the last time.

They took the Batt. back no questions asked. It's a sam's club battery made by interstate with a 24 moth unconditional warranty and a 4 year limited warranty.

Now I knew about the dashlights but what's this about wd 40 in the door locks? Are these two things supposed to be connected?