The Cutlass Is Dead

CodeRedZ24

well i finally got my z back up and running at a friends shop (had 6 bad injectors)

a friend and me brought it home i took him home and on my way back the cutlass started having power issues i had to give it alot of gas to just get moving

i get the cutlass home and it sounds like its missing u could hear loud popping through the intake and u give it gas it dies out now i can barely get it started and if i do it sounds like its missing

anyone have any ideas???

i`m thinking igntion or injectors

i have the 3.4 DOHC motor

My 88' tank pump is accessed through the trunk floor.

The fuel filter is even easier under the body near the B pillar.

Your 88 must be modified then, because a stock 88 (and all W-bodies) need the tank dropped to get to the pump.

It is a pain.

My 88' tank pump is accessed through the trunk floor.

The fuel filter is even easier under the body near the B pillar.

Your 88 must be modified then, because a stock 88 (and all W-bodies) need the tank dropped to get to the pump.

It is a pain.

yea it was that's why i had the dealer do it

Wimp.

:lol: :lol:

maybe you think it's funny, but i didn't think i was a good of enough mechanic to do it. I make a living working on computers, not cars.

Wimp.

maybe you think it's funny, but i didn't think i was a good of enough mechanic to do it. I make a living working on computers, not cars.

i work on computers for a living and i do cars for a hobby tanks arent that bad its just the draining of them and disconnected the lines that are fun hehe

Wimp.

i work on computers for a living and i do cars for a hobby tanks arent that bad its just the draining of them and disconnected the lines that are fun hehe

yea i have never done anythinglike that before and I didn't wanna spill gas all over the fucking place if i messed up.

i use a an electric fuel pump and two 6 foot leghts of hose. I have the pump wired up to plug into a cigarette lighter. works great and well worth the $35 investmant to make...lol