Cold air intake, 3.4L DOHC

Monte_CarLow

Hi, I just joined this forum the other day. Quick question...I have a 96 Monte Carlo Z34, with 3.4L DOHC. Anyone know where I can get a cold air intake kit for this particular engine? Also, what are some other good aftermarket parts...functional parts only...not into accessories, decals, wings, and things that light up.

*note!* we need to put together a 3.4 perfromance mod sticky.

go to http://www.fastfwdperfromance.com, you can't get the chip though,yet...... but theres other stuff. http://www.mymonte.com, info on your car, but it might still be down for updating. i dont know the addy, but RSM :shock: might have something. might even look for Red Z Monte on here, he makes CAI and short ram intakes. he has a site, i don't know that link.

most of the people on this site claim they have a cold air intake but what it really is called is a "warm air intake" cold air intake filters are not located in the engine bay

http://www.techvelocity.com/gtp/34mods.htm everything you need to know from what i can find

Sorry to say this, but that site suxs...read everything and EVERYTHING seems to be a re-worded version of the old 3.4L DOHC performance page (can't find it anymore) and also 60DegreeV6's section on the DOHC...

IF you want ANY good info, go to either 60degreeV6.com or forum.60degreeV6.com. The guys over at the 60 degree V6 website are NOTHING BUT performance oriented.

For chips:

Pringles

For lowering your car:

weights

For cold air intake:

bag of ice around filter/ or reroute filter inside driving cabin

For mufflers:

Huge Coffecans

For just going FAST with a HUGE aftermarket...

sell the car, this baby aint going nowhere FAST...literally!

Seriously though, this car and all w-body cars have little aftermarket which means it will take alot of brain power to get your car anywher near as fast as anything next to you...I am tired and I will NOT post links to aftermarket webpages so somone take care of that and make it a sticky....

Once again that website I mentioned needs ALOT of work. I like the layout, but hate the content.

most of the people on this site claim they have a cold air intake but what it really is called is a "warm air intake" cold air intake filters are not located in the engine bay

Mine is a cold air intake.

For chips:

Pringles

For lowering your car:

weights

For cold air intake:

bag of ice around filter/ or reroute filter inside driving cabin

For mufflers:

Huge Coffecans

-----------------------

Gee, thanks for that great advice. I am soo glad I joined this forum...

it isn't his fault we don't have an aftermarket

don't even ask about an exhaust, every exhaust post here turns into a flaming match

look man, i was just joking...don't be so uptight, loosen up, relax...

second, use the Search function, you will find lots of info already covered AT LEAST 5 times within the 2 weeks....j/k! Nah, but the search function will help and ease alot of pain and answer alot of your questions....some swear it might even cure cancer...

I.Am.An.Asshat and I luv joking aroudn so dont take things to heart

For intakes, try RedZ if not, you can buy one off of eBay, they work alright...try and stay clear of RSM since some members have had some issues with them (not to mention their rediculous prices and their attempt to monopolize the w-body market).

Also, in a couple of months, http://www.wot-tech.com or something like that will finally deput. They will include the FFP performance chips, lighter lifters, 70mm throttlebody *plenum* for the DOHC, headers, performance valve covers, laser shooting chipmunks, higher flowing toilet bowls...JUST PLAYING, they WILL NOT offer performance valve covers, everything else is fair game.

HAHA!

sorry, i need sleep so ill just leave the board!!! THATS IT! I'M OUT!!!....

.....for 2 HOURS!

I'm probably going to end up making my own intake. RedZ makes some nice ones but I don't know if I feel like spending $105 + shipping on something I can make myself. It won't be powdercoated but it will have the same effect.

What would I need? Bent pipe (mandrel), cone filter, and a rubber boot? Maybe some sort of adapter plate?

I thought about doing a FWI. How difficult is it to relocate the battery? Is there a website that walks you through it? I'm assuming I would need to get longer wires for the battery, right?