Cutlass racing GT1

Steve LS

I saw most of a race today. It was GT1 Valvoline championship I believe. At mid-Ohio track. at any rate amounst all the Mustangs , Vettes & Cameros was one lone Cutlass. Nothing like the road car I'm sure. Most likely just the body shape sat on a RWD tube frame with the latest Chevy race engine in it. However it ran a solid fith the whole race and was lookin good going head to head with the Stangs,Vettes and Cameros. Didnt even look out of place. They never went back to the middle of the pack towards the end because the front 2 were battleing it out hard. So I'm not sure if he finished 5th. It was #05 . Front two were Vette and Stang. Stang passed Vette second to last lap and that was it.Oh well, Corvettes still had a good race year , but the mustang guys are really gettin it together.

other points :They said most of the cars were over 600HP.They averaged 90+ MPH.

Oldsmobile road racer in the championship ! what a ya know !

• 6 years later...

They never should have changed the cutlass to a FWD setup.

they never should have "changed" anything to FWD....

make a new model FWD. don't ruin the reputation of a good car by making it FWD...

that being said, I'm looking forward to the possible G8 living on as a caprice/impala...

I think i saw that car at a gt race at sebring FL it ran very strong here also.

An oldsmobile powered Riley & Scott beat Ferrari in the Twelve Hours of Sebring in 1996 :high5:

(24 hours of lemans tomorrow :exclaim: )