L

Invasion1

Guest Anonymous

all the manuals say you do but I put a HUD in and its fine, no glare, no blur.

what other cars come with a hUD besides GM's and a 5 series?

Way to go Davis. I've had mine for a week and I'm really glad I got it.

Now dont u need the HUD windshield or is that just a scam?

All that the HUD winshield does is to reduce ghoasting. And the ghoasting isn't really noticable unless it's dark out.

Guest TurboSedan

i think the special HUD windshield also helps reflect better on sunny days. my HUD is useless during the daytime unless it's really cloudy out. at night tho i have to have it on the dimmest setting, and even on the dimmest setting it's a little too bright IMO.

i also cut my original non-HUD dashpad. it looks ok, but i still need to make some adjustments so the HUD unit itself sits more flush with the top of the dash. it will never look perfect, but mostly because the dash is warped around the defrost vent. too bad i can't order a nice new blue HUD dashpad from the GM dealership!

get some pics Dave! :)

well, when i got my new windshield(see mah cardomain page)i was asked if it had hud :shock: , but i said no(@ the time i hadn't planned on hud). so if you want one, go smash your current one out, and get a hud ready replacement, hell, i thought about that!!

Guest TurboSedan

when i got my windshield replaced they asked me that too, but i said no...that was way befrore i planned on HUD. i wouldn't go so far as to get a non-HUD windshield replaced just so the display is clearer/easier to read. it works just fine with a regular windshield....maybe not optimal but definately good enough.

you can save yourself alot of trouble and just put a small square of 1% tint (or mirrored applied to the outside) where the HUD needs to reflect, it may look a little weird but it would be quite functional

Interesting. I looked up the replacement windshield on the GM system and it costs around $800 retail (CDN$) All i gotta say is fuck that. If it works with any windshield im down. I cant see it during the day for the most part anyways.. Who needs to see how fast ur going during the day anyhow. :) I just got the biggest chip in my window. almost made it through.

:? My HUD has no problems w/o the HUD windshield.. day or night. Obviously in those insanely bright days when you're driving into the sun, you can't see it.. but I always experienced the same thing with the digital dash in my old Supreme.

:? My HUD has no problems w/o the HUD windshield.. day or night. Obviously in those insanely bright days when you're driving into the sun, you can't see it.. but I always experienced the same thing with the digital dash in my old Supreme.

Same here, but before I installed the HUDs, I opened them up and cleaned off both the VFD inside and the mirror.

I did that on the TGP as well, and its HUD brightness and clarity increased almost 2x. Over time, they get fogged up with a film of dirt.

Guest Anonymous

I think our cars had HUD winsheilds from the factory even without the option. I mean, if we were pre-wired for it and tthey went as far as that, I think we would have the windsheild... maybe not, who knows.

looks good, and if you want to paint to match, since it's abs plastic you won't need primer. I actually just painted my friend's HUD and you'd never know the difference.