mrdarkside2k3

First off my cutty is a 93 with the 3.1. I had a bad problem with the car not wanting to keep running unless I kept the gas applied untill I put it in drive. I remidied that prob when I had a new fuel filter and new fuel lines in, at least I think it's fixed. It hasn't done that since.

Now on to my current problem. I have a very rough idle. Sometimes my RPM's are al over the place. I am bettin on the PVC valve. I think my valve is from 93. That damn thing looks like shit and won't budge. Can I get it off without tilting the engine? It's on the back valve cover, and there is no hose connected to it. Where does that hose go to? I have that breather hole (that's what I call it) on the front cover there is this hose that goes from it to the air intake.

Can someone give me any clues? Thanks

J.

first off that pcv needs to be connected

iirc it goes to the bottom of the plenum.

i have some pics here of my 90 cutlass when i did the lower intake and then later the head gaskets

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=underhood&mid=16&cid=248

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=cutlassheadgaskets&mid=16&cid=261

Monty

IAC on the no start without gas issue, 2 torque bits hold it on the throttle body, clean/replace it.

the PCV valve is going 2 be a bitch no matter how u try and replace it. I had to go as car as removing the plenum (upper intake) to do 1. theres instructions on http://www.60v6.com on the plenum, but while ya have it off, use kero or brake clean 2 scrub it out.

good luck.

-Jeff

first of all this may be off topic but i noticed idle problems and first thing that came to mind was a gasket. i have a 3.4 dohc motor and in the winter i have harsh idle problems, so bad it spits and sputters and dies. This summer it stopped! here is my explination. Factory gaskets have a silicon like coding and as you pile more miles on the gaskets the silicon begins to dicipate, and the lack there of creates a break in the nice intake manifold's seal. however when the engine warms up science tells us that the silicon will re-gunkafy and fill in the holes. Sometimes the gaskests split and is the biggest effect of idling and performance problems. Pop the hood and listen for tsssss like minor air leaks. if you hear these thats probofly the issue even if you dont hear them. just a tid bit that might help or it might not

Thanks for the good input....I was wondering if anyone had replied to this at all. I wasn't gettin any notifications on it. What does IAC stand for? the one on my car is new, it was put on a lil before I bought it. I will take it off and look it over. I got the PCV valve done, it seems to have done a lil bit for me. I also replaced some of the Spark plug wires. One of them tore when I went to look at my plugs. I got the front 3 done and I am waiting till I get new plugs before I tilt the engine. And that start thing with no gas is happening again.

Thanks a lot again

J.

I cleaned out my IAC today. I took some Carb cleaner and I sprayed that sucker down real good. That thing was dirty as hell. and I cleaned my Mass Air Flow and my Throttle up. I reset my Idle and she is sorta runnin a lil better. Still a few probs, I will get my plugs and oil done real soon. I hope the plugs help a lot.

J