Running 12psi of boost???

90TGP

Ok. I know the TopGun chip is set to run at 11psi. I also know that a few members here are running 12psi. I also know that at 14-15psi, the turbo is starting to choke. Is it safe to run 12psi on a stock motor? How much more power does 12psi make over 11psi?

And for those of you that are running 12psi, are you doing it with an EBC or MBC???

That depedns on what you consider safe. Like not blow up? Sunshine was running 15-16 psi but I had to feather the throttle to keep from hitting BFC. Here's the dilly'O. Your chip isn't programmed for that much boost. .5-1 psi really won't make that much of a difference, at the same time, it won't give you *that much performance either. What you have to realize is there is no timing, and no fuel for the extra boost. The chip will try to trim everything to clean it up, but the injectors are only so big (and a little on the midgety side at that) Think about it like this. The factory only planned on us running 9 psi MAX boost. Here we are at 12 and the injectors are still keeping up. I haven't actually seen the logs yet, but I couldn't image the injectors are doing so well up there, especially unhealthy ones. W/ a special set of "matched" and "balanced" injectors (Days of thunder :lol: ) and a good fuel pump you would probably be fine, but again, if it's not in the MEMCAL, you won't have what you need to run it properly, and make the most amount of power. FWIW, at around 13 psi the car just started shuddering. Faster? Yes. Good? I didn't like it all that much, but I didn't care, I wanted to rebuild anyhow. :D