CD changers

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ive decided that keeping the stock tape deck in the 92 would be best since it would all match annd such... hhowever, can i add a Cd changer to the system? would it work in conjunction with the factory tape deck? removing the tape deck woould destroy the look inside.

When I had my stock stereo (seperate radio, tape/eq units) I was gonna keep it stock cause I thought it looked really cool. I ended up deciding I wanted a MP3 CD player...

Anyways I was thinking about getting an FM Modulated changer. It sits in your trunk or wherever, and goes through your antenna to your radio. A small display w/ buttons you stick on your dash to control the Cd player.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I was reading about those FM modulator ones. Id actaully like to put the changer in my console cubby. I really want to keep the dash looking good and an aftermarket cd player would ruin that "fighter jet" look, you know? My only concern is that this fm modualtor would produce a magnetic feild which would keep throwing the compass off. I had an "fm transmitter" for my ipod which kept knocking out the compass.

I have used those FM modulated ones before. Works perfect if you aren't planning on running an award-winning sound system. I can't see it interfering any worse than your regular stereo.

If it was throwing off your compass maybe try moving it away from the dash or something.. ?

With the FM modulated CD player you get a thing to put on your dash anyways so you don't have to worry about the unit in the trunk.

10025785.jpg

Also I it kinda looks to me like it might not fit into the console anyways..

Product Dimensions 26.2 x 9 x 18.5 cm :?:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=9&WLBS=fsweb10&sku_id=0665000FS10025785&catid=&newdeptid=9

Guest Anonymous

I thought they were smaller...

I dont need something like a 12 disc changer, 6 would be fine, i just want to be able to play cd's without disturbing the stock appearence of the dash.

I thought they were smaller...

I dont need something like a 12 disc changer, 6 would be fine, i just want to be able to play cd's without disturbing the stock appearence of the dash.

Yeah, thats all I really want. I like the cockpit look of my STE with the tape deck with 5-band EQ. I was thinking of just getting a portable MP3 CD player and using a tape adapter to listen to music, but this Frequency Modulated CD changer is a good idea. How much $$$ for one of those things? Anyone know

Ive seen similar models go for under 100 nib on ebay

Fuckin A!!! I just want the 6 disc one, 10 is too many and just having 6 or so will save me some money. So, you just put this in your trunk or under your seat or something and your radio picks it up?!?!? Pretty neat

10025785.jpg

That's the same exact one that I have. The only complant I have is that the music is slightly quiter than regular radio.

Mine is mounted in the trunk and it doesn't intrude too much.

cdcombo.jpg

Here's an idea: Find a stock Delco deck out of a newer Pontiac with the auxiliary input on the back and get a factory CD changer (or an aux input adapter so you can run an aftermarket changer that plays MP3's.) That way you keep a relatively stock look, you won't have to mess with an FM modulator, or have that ugly control panel cluttering up your dash. If you're looking at keeping the stock look, wouldn't a CD changer's control panel look worse stuck to the dash than having an aftermarket deck installed?

• 2 weeks later...

RossGT I have a Sony FM modulated CD player that is in the 95. I don't know if it works or not (I've yet to test it out) and I don't know how many discs it holds, but would you be interested? I could really use extra cash to pay for my repairs...

Guest Anonymous

yes i would... for sure... PM me please. how big is that fucker? I need something small to fit in the console of the 92, ive seen them as small as 8x3 insches...

yes i would... for sure... PM me please. how big is that fucker? I need something small to fit in the console of the 92, ive seen them as small as 8x3 insches...

I'll test it and measure how big it is as soon as I can, and find out what model it is I just know its a Sony. I pick up the car Tuesday evening and I'll probably be tired after work but I'll try.