ok, help me figure this bitch out

cryptnix

my car ... when it is HOT seems like its under a load ... and its driving me nuts cause it seems like my car is the only fucking 3100 that seems todo it ...

i have yet to change the ICM ... those are freaking outrageous in price...

another thing is that i always hear a damn gargling sound from underneith my car ... approximently where my cat is ... could this be signs of ... clogged?

I'll join ya.. mine has that same bogged down feeling when its hot. And not just bogged down.. REALLY bogged down.. its just slow and fairly unresponsive unless I slam it to the floor. I've replaced the cat.. coils, plugs, wires, modules.. nothing has fixed it yet. If anything, its getting progressively worse.

I'm trying to learn to just live with it.

Same thing here. I beleive it's a leaking exhaust manifold. I was taking apart my engine one day and pulled off the rear exhaust manifold heat sheild and a nut with part of a bolt came rolling out. I wasn't happy about that.

edit: Forgot something. Also, check if your exhaust has an occasional, *huff* or *puff* sound while idling.

edit: Forgot something. Also, check if your exhaust has an occasional, *huff* or *puff* sound while idling.

I believe I do.. I haven't checked, but I've been chalking it up to a hole I patched up awhile ago

One of the bolts/studs snapped off that was holding down the rear exhaust manifold. (The one closest to the TB) Apparently the exhaust manifold warped or something and eventually, due to all of the expanding and contracting snapped that bolt with the nut still attached. So I have to find a way, some day, to remove that stud from the head.

I believe it's a leaking exhaust manifold. You'll never know until you pull that heat shield off though.

well, brian from l67swap suggests that its a clogged cat ... gonna remove that thing next friday ... see if that helps

and yeah it does have a huff puff sound if i'm sitting close to it

I know I get the huff and puff noise from my exhause. I've been told by two garages that my exhaust is leaking, but no comments on about a clogged cat or leaky manifold.

Do the manifold-to-downpipe donut gaskets actually go bad on the 3100? I didnt think they do, but my mom's '95 Cutlass has exhaust noise from up front when cold, and I'm quite sure it's the usual crack that forms on the 94-96 rear manifold, but the repair shop swore it's just the gasket. I might put one of my spare manifolds in her trunk in case they were wrong and I was right, which is usually the case with these cars.

Anyway....