Angry with the GP-= High idle

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well ive been shrugging this off for a while but the work they did on my car sucks... the car used to idle no higher than one, but now it goes way over 2!!! It never did this before they 'fixed it", i mean it should not idle over 2, that must be bad on the engine? what do you guys think?

try resetting the computer

just disconnet the battery.....go inside and play GTA for awhile then hook it back up....start the car and let it set for a minute or so and see what the idle does

first of all c-bad usually the mechanic will be the only one using fuck and it will be in the form of fuck you. :) <3 BUT, explain the high idle issue, does it steadily idle at 2 or does it jump all around; steady vs rapid idle. if the idle is steady then you need to adjust the idle, its simple; locate your *throttle body* and adjust the screw on it, usually if its high that means loosen :) but if its not a steady idle then it could be a few things like a gasket leak. hope this helps post back if it does or if ya solved it.

Guest Anonymous

It goes up to 2, the stays and drops down below 1, and then rpaidly goes back and forth between about 1 and 1.5

I didnt take it back to the mechanic yet, I didnt thinkj it was worth the hassle or is it?

Spray carb clean (lightly....puddling coiuld catch fire) near where the intake manifolds meet.........if you notice a difference in idle, they are leaking.

Is the IAC unplugged?

yes canada is correct thats the easiest way to tell, its how i did mine :) except with wd40. If your not mechanically inclined youll probably pay a mechy under a 100; but for like 15$ you can buy a whole gasket set and in a days work that problem is solved. Check out http://www.60degreev6.com and find your engine and it will havea tutorial of intake removal and so on. I just contacted the moderator i am going to write an artice under the FAQ's about gasket problems, its pretty common with age and mileage.