Finally got the GP back

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

well two weeks and $1300 later for a partial rebuild and spark plugs, the GP came home. Im noticing a few differences in performance.

Actually, its running BETTER with the new belts, pulleys, chains, and whatever else broke... I've noticed better accelration using less gas and better gas mileage. I usually average 20 mpg coming home from work and I did ~24-25. That may just be coincedental. But It does run better.

On the bad side, the car is disgusting. Its covered in dirt and whatever else and has nasty greasy hand marks ALL OVER the car and this wierd gray stuff on the spoiler. There was white piant on the steering wheel but that came off. And, oddly, all the wires for my custom DIC are pulled out from under the dash and hanging low but its sttill plugged in. Very strange.

Im just happy that the car is back and running good.

I guess I am keeping it for now :? until the petty gets redone.

$1300? Wow you gotta scan your receipt for us to see what they did! :o

Anyways congrats on getting your car back in running order. Check everything at the correct mileage intervals and hopefully you can avoid shit like that from happening.

yea you better ditch that 3.4 like a bad habit dude. it's gonna be a bitch on your wallet unless you take care of it properly. I still think you should ditch it for a more dependable 3100 until you're in a better financial situation.

yea you better ditch that 3.4 like a bad habit dude. it's gonna be a bitch on your wallet unless you take care of it properly. I still think you should ditch it for a more dependable 3100 until you're in a better financial situation.

Or buy a '90 LE.. :rocking:

Or not..

Damn, $1300 and all they did was change the timing belt. :shock:

That's why I only recommend 3.4 DOHC's to people that are willing to do their own work and don't mind setting aside the time to do it. You have to be independently wealthy to afford to pay people to fix a 3.4 for you.