airbox

bigbill23se

my airbox is from a different engine(not sure what one) but i took the top off of it and left it off. nox my ecu is in there with the filter, should i be worried about it getting wet when it rains or what

Ya know you should really work on that double posting problem there, boss. :roll:

Are you in Cool Hand Luke, or something?

"Takin' it off, there, boss!"

"Yeah, take it off."

10101950.jpg

Uh.. how is that a bad thing? It keeps the electronics cooler. Plus, the only 88-96 I wouldn't take a 97+ over is the TGP.

Yeah, cuz that PCM gets soooooo hot.......right. I dont even wanna start on GTPs and L67s

I don't see how the PCMs can possibly have the need to be kept "cooler" in the 88-96 cars. Its in a metal box under heat reflected plastic cover.. and its not like they were ever an issue or something.

Anyone got pics of the PCM in the airbox?? I want to see what the hell that looks like. :?

Uh.. how is that a bad thing? It keeps the electronics cooler. Plus, the only 88-96 I wouldn't take a 97+ over is the TGP.

Yeah, cuz that PCM gets soooooo hot.......right. I dont even wanna start on GTPs and L67s

Okay, look I didn't design the fucking thing so go talk to GM about it. It WAS one of the reasons I've heard for the placement. I'm "soooooo" sorry I've offended you by mentioning that certain L67's have this PCM put this way. Now, if nothing else bothers you, oh great one, can we please get on with the topic at hand?

Okay, look I didn't design the fucking thing so go talk to GM about it. It WAS one of the reasons I've heard for the placement. I'm "soooooo" sorry I've offended you by mentioning that certain L67's have this PCM put this way. Now, if nothing else bothers you, oh great one, can we please get on with the topic at hand?

First, its Mr. Great One, and secondly, the problem is resolved for this topic. So whats there to talk about? More people will say, "Huh, ECM in airbox, never heard of that" then others will post pictures of it, then more worthless info.