Cuttin the hood

Dirty Rockstar

Hey all.. This pertains to Lumina owners mainly, or anyone who has done this before..

I went out to 101 Auto a few weeks back and got myself a set of Z34 hood vents.. I also needed to buy a new hood after the accident.. The Z hood I got the vents off of is shot, so I need to know basically how I cut my current hood.. I see where they go as plain as day.. I need to know how to place them, and the like.. Like because where the vents sit in the Z hood, it is recessed.. But I won't be doin that unless I have to.. Anyone whos can help me out on this, I would be most appreciative! Thanks!

274035_94.jpg

Just a pic of the vents and my new grille :|

once i get out of bed i'll go outside and take some prety detail pics of my hood, i'll even pull one of the vents out and get pictures of how the metal is pressed for ya

Yeah it's great how all the first gen Lumina hoods are indentical, the Z34s just have those slots cut out. I checked into it and it looks like a BIG project cause you have to them cut just right. I asked a couple bodyshops to do it for me and they quoted me $600-$800 to install them and paint the entire hood. :roll: I can get a new hood for less than that, so that is the route I'm going. Good luck.