almost thinking of buying a GTP

Euro

I kept seeing this 98 GTP for sale in the local Autotrader magazine. It looks pretty nice, its red with the two yellow stripes(like a covette Gran Sport) on both front fenders. The Grand Prix overlays between the exhaust cutouts are painted yellow, and the grille is painted yellow. well i finally saw it today, and my god!!. all the yellow!! He must be punching 200 extra hp with all the yellow!!Had a spoiler on the back, but bigger than the stock gp spoiler. the Ram Air hood

heres a pic:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=159678541&dealer_id=&car_year=1998&make=PONT&distance=50&max_price=8700&model=GP&end_year=1999&advcd_on=n&min_price=8200&address=60510&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1997&color=&cardist=13

well if a long shot and i did buy it, i would repaint the bottom of the front bumper the stock color, do the ram air vents black, and probably get rid of one of the sets of stripes.

if i ever figgure out why people feel the need to paint their cars like condmients i'll know everything there is to know about people

that thig is an attrocity, i'd give him MABIE 5k for it since he ruined many parts on it.

yeah there is too much yellow, thats why i said what i said above. painting the ram air grilles black, the lower bumper stock silver/gray or red, and get rid of one of the sets of yellow stripes on the fenders.

im really not getting it, i just saw it in person and it looked like a good deal, minus the yellow

Find a GTP without any mods Matt. That way you know the previous owner wouldn't have fucked anything up. Plus that should mean that it wasn't beat on as much. I'm sure that Mickey-D's guy beat on it at least a little, I mean come on yellow IS the color of speed. :wink:

Find a GTP without any mods Matt. That way you know the previous owner wouldn't have fucked anything up. Plus that should mean that it wasn't beat on as much. I'm sure that Mickey-D's guy beat on it at least a little, I mean come on yellow IS the color of speed. :wink:

I would find a GTP that an old couple owned. :wink: I've seen people drive the hell out of stock ones and grenade the 4T65-E HD's. :oops:

yeah yellow adds at least 10hp per 1 inch of it you add lol. Now that i look at it more, i can imagine it being a Mcdonalds fry flipper owned lol.

when my car croaks, which will be in another 100k, ill look for an 00-03 GTP

The yellow can be easily changed. There really isn't that much there, the stripes n the sides are more than likely vinyal and the grills can be replaced with aftermarket ones from Street Scenes. The previous owner didn't paint anything on the inside so thats good. You'll be happy with the GTP there are many things you can do to make it your own...including making it faster than what it is.......

Yellow by at least 45% red's next and then lime green. :lol: :lol:

well yea duh! common my car's pure white so it goes way faster than anyone else! hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers: