radio size

GPdriver1986

I'm planning to make an almost flush mount for my 91 GP, and I want to know what the measurements are for the stock radio in terms of height and length? And also is the size of all aftermarket radios the same or does it differ slightly?

aftermarket radio sizes do difer. i bought a double din pioneer that fit flush like the stock radio with no modification. the model is a pioneer deh-p47dh. nice radio, even has a built in cross over.

You just have to be careful that the HU isn't too long. I don't have a GP, so I can't help you there, but there are some HU's out there that are way to long to fit into some of the spaces. :?

aftermarket radio sizes do difer. i bought a double din pioneer that fit flush like the stock radio with no modification. the model is a pioneer deh-p47dh. nice radio, even has a built in cross over.

the GPs aren't double din and neither is the deh-p47dh....

the GPs aren't double din and neither is the deh-p47dh....

The GP is 1.5 DIN and so is the P47DH, IIRC.

I think my stock one was double din. I don't know if the ones with cd players or the EQ are the same size. I have one with only a cassette. Do you know what was in your car? I can measure mine for you if it would be the same size as yours was.

My Eclipse (which was stolen 3 weeks ago :verymad: ) wasn't flush with the dash, it stuck out a little with the install kit. Even with it sticking out the back of it was tight agenst the plastic in the back of the mounting area.

I think my stock one was double din. I don't know if the ones with cd players or the EQ are the same size. I have one with only a cassette. Do you know what was in your car? I can measure mine for you if it would be the same size as yours was.

trust me, it wasn't double din.....it was 1.5.....

All GP's (up until the 2004) are Din 1/2, not Double Din..

If your planning to wedge a single Din headunit in to the radio box for the GP, good luck. They are only deep enough for the stock size (Din 1/2), so either buy a mounting kit, or do some serious cutting and make it fit flush.

trust me, it wasn't double din.....it was 1.5.....

OK, now I know for sure. I said "I think" cause I didn't know for sure, I just know it was alot taller then my Eclipse. Thank-you for corrceting that for me.

I already bought the deck, its a Kenwood Mp5025 Mp3, built in cross over, 2 preouts, and the color changes. The only problem is I have to wait until I get it. C-BAD has a deck almost like mine and it does fit into the GP dash but his is not flush. I know I won't be able to make it perfectly flush without cutting the back, but what I'm planning to do is cut a piece of plexiglass to fit into the stock opening, cut a hole for the new deck, and if it needs more space in the back, i'll keep adding more plexiglass to bring it out.