FFP motor mount trouble?

Euro

I was just concerned about whats going on here. I know that the FFP mounts make you feel more engine movements, and its supposed to go away after a while, well its been on for 3 weeks and its still there. Im just concerned that the vibration will shake something loose in the engine or tranny. It already shook a bearing or something loose in my AC compressor thats making noise again. What should i do, i really dont want to take em off, but if i have to, i have to.

Guest Anonymous

The engine and tranny aren't actually vibrating more. The poly bushings don't absorb as much vibration which makes you feel more of it. I highly doubt the FFP mount had anything to do with your A/C.

THe motor mounts DO NOT increase vibration in the engine or transmission. The engine is the source of the vibrations.... more of the vibration may be transmitted to the chassis, but the egine and transmission are not affected at all. It did not make your AC bearing go out.

ok im gonna go out on a limb and be the first. DONT BE SO FRIGGEN STUPID. just because you changed the mounts and something happened..... doesnt mean its the mounts fault. your car is 10 years old the compressor has spun every mile you've driven....... regardless if you've had the AC on. its just coincidence. the FFP mounts just let the engine and tranny rock back and forth less. thus making the whole assembly much more strong. it is still bushed so it wont hurt the chassis. just fix your Ac and put the mounts on.

ill put em back on eventually. stil dont know why the whole damn car shakes when they are on. maybe the lower motor mounts are worn

i took em off a few minutes ago. Isnt there a way to have rubber bushings in place of the poly bushings?

No, if they poly bushings are the ones Im thinknig they are. The poly bushings are an actually cylindrical in shape, where as the stock rubber have a groove in the middle of them

EDIT: The car will always shake with them on. The polyurethane DOES NOT absorb the natural vibrations from the motor, it transmits them to the chassis. You will always have some vibrations with the mounts

You can always use a rubber bushing on the engine side and poly on the body side.. It will help loosen the vibrations a bit... .. BTW if your shakes that bad .. I'd be chaecking the lower Engine and tranny mounts on the subframe. Might be worn out.

This shit is funnier than hell... :lol:

You better take it off right away before your hubs fall apart.

I don't see any hubs on that Euro... :roll:

what do you mean you dont see any hubs?

I see 16" rims in that pic...I've seen them in person too so I'm positive they aren't hubs.

Not hubCAPS....wheel hubs....

- Justin

You can always use a rubber bushing on the engine side and poly on the body side.. It will help loosen the vibrations a bit... .. BTW if your shakes that bad .. I'd be chaecking the lower Engine and tranny mounts on the subframe. Might be worn out.

i'd check those lower mounts dude. That could easily be the problem.

yeah that idea of checking out my lower mounts has popped in my head a few times since i got it. rough idling a while ago worried me the most about the lower mounts, but after some repairs, it doesnt do it anymore.

anyone have their lower mounts changed?? how much do they usually run for?