What's my car worth?

conley3.1

Some guy came by this morning asking how much I wanted for the Lumina. I told him it had a newer motor than the car, but it wasn't running too well at the moment, fuel pump needs replacing. He asked how much I wanted for it as is, and I said i'd call him. I was thinking about $800 as is, maybe $1000, $1100 fixed.

As for info on the car, it's a 92 Lumina, Driftwood Metallic in color (gold)

car has 205,000 on it, engine has about 70k on it. 4T60 trans, new starter, battery, fuel pressure regulator, starts up perfectly (then runs like shit due to the fuel pump)

A few dents in the body, but it's never been in a wreck, and there isn't a spot of rust on the car (Southwest car :) )

Paint is so-so, some sun wear. Tires only have about 400 miles on them.

Also, the KYB shocks and struts only have about 450 miles on them.

• 1 year later...

Haha, I dunno, but I'm going to hijack this thread so I don't have to make yet another "what's my car worth" thread.

I might sell my GTP next summer. It'll have a fresh black paint job and new mufflers. The car will probably have around 130k by then, it has black leather interior, power drivers seat, a Pioneer head unit, a completely rebuilt transmission (15,000 miles ago), second gear start, crosslaces, spoiler delete (I'm sorry, but I hate that thing), sunroof... that's about all i can think of. Anyhow, what would you guys pay for a car like that? I ask because I'd like to just keep it, but if I can get enough money out of it soon to put towards a second-gen GTP, I'd like to do it while the paint is still perfect.

What do you say, $3000?

Haha, I dunno, but I'm going to hijack this thread so I don't have to make yet another "what's my car worth" thread.

I might sell my GTP next summer. It'll have a fresh black paint job and new mufflers. The car will probably have around 130k by then, it has black leather interior, power drivers seat, a Pioneer head unit, a completely rebuilt transmission (15,000 miles ago), second gear start, crosslaces, spoiler delete (I'm sorry, but I hate that thing), sunroof... that's about all i can think of. Anyhow, what would you guys pay for a car like that? I ask because I'd like to just keep it, but if I can get enough money out of it soon to put towards a second-gen GTP, I'd like to do it while the paint is still perfect.

What do you say, $3000?

I'd pay 3k for your car. I think that's a reasonable price.

I just searched for "how much is my car worth" because I knew there have been a couple of these lately and i didn't want to waste space on a new one...

Great job there, guy! :thumb:

j/k :lol:

I would say $1500-2300 for your GP. I only got $3200 or so out of my '97 cutty that was loaded and had less mileage then your GP...and it took me a long time to get the $3200.

Yeah, I checked KBB. Figured someone on here would probably pay a little more than that!

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

We're ALL broke here!!! LOL :willynilly:

Yeah, I checked KBB. Figured someone on here would probably pay a little more than that!

w-body.com is NOT the place to try to sell a car at a higher value....everyone here is looking for deal

No? I thought if anything, the people on here would appreciate a nice GTP. Someone on here might think, "Oh snap! I can finally get a 3.4!" whereas some person locally would think, "Eh, it's a decade-old Grand Prix..."

But hey, you would know. I'm not 100% hellbent on selling it anyway, but the more I think about it the more I realize how much of a waste it would be to have this car just sitting in the parking lot until I graduate and can afford insurance on two cars. Someone else might as well have fun with it.