A/C Delete in a Lumina??

White93z34

was thumbing through my owners manual and i came across this

luminahvac.jpg

has anyone ever seen a lumina with this option?

even the base of the base luminas with the iron duke that i've seen have a/c.

Mine came standard with the stick you needed to push those A/C buttons.

:lol: :lol:

Also, yes there were some Canadian of practically each year (and American 1988's) that were sold with no A/C. You can actually go into some auto parts stores and ask for an '88 2.8 belt with no A/C.

Guest TurboSedan

Also, yes there were some Canadian of practically each year (and American 1988's) that were sold with no A/C. You can actually go into some auto parts stores and ask for an '88 2.8 belt with no A/C.

is there an idler pulley or something in place of the A/C compressor? is the belt shorter? i'm ditching all of my A/C soon, hopefully someday i'll have a nice big FMIC in it's place :)

I would like to remove my compressor also. If anyone finds out how long of a belt you would need I'd like to know.

Also, what does that line that goes from the compressor to the radiator do? (I think it goes to the rad anyways)

is there an idler pulley or something in place of the A/C compressor? is the belt shorter? i'm ditching all of my A/C soon, hopefully someday i'll have a nice big FMIC in it's place :)

IIRC, no, there's nothing in it's place. Side question: What's an FMIC?

Edit: a DSM site explained it to me.. lol.