radiator fan comes on at idle - car stalls

SUPERDUTYD

whenever the fan comes on and i am idling, the car dies are almost dies-rpm's drop real low. it's been doing this for about seven years and i am tired of it. what should i do? capacitor maybe? its a 1992 z34

Your battery is weak. The radiator fan consumes a lot of power and drains a weak battery faster than the alternator could recharge it. To test it if you have a spare battery then swap them out and see what happens.

Brand new battery lasts around 5 years or less. If they are still working then they are just weak.

I'd lean more towards the fan being bad. I'm betting the drivers side fan is the problem. Mine did the same thing, I have no problems with the charging system on my Z until I put the fuse in for the drivers side fan, then it kills the car at idle. The fan is hurt, and drawing too many amps. An easy way to find out which fan is messed up is to check the codes on the car with a paper clip, that kicks both fans on.