Door speaker Install

92turboLE

Ok, so im finally getting around to installing all the junk i have laying around in my garage... took a weekend and worked on my door speakers... the original plans were to create a peice that just filled the opening in the door, but after doing that it looked retarded.... so i tore apart the whole door and redid it...

i sitll have yet to figure out why GM feels the need to made a door panel about 9 different peices, but whatever...

tell me what you all think... the speakers are actually 8 ohm Vifa home audio peakers, but im running them in a parallel circuit giving a 4 ohm load... powering them is a lightning audio 150.2 amp. nothing special... plans are not to add MB quart 1.5 inch silk dome tweeters to the top of the door on the triangle cover where the mirror sits.....

rear door panels are off and under construction right now...

door1.jpg

door2.jpg

The rears are going to look about the same, and once those are done, i am starting on the rear deck, where im putting 2 8 inch mid bass woofers, and 2 more 6 inch woofers and the same tweets... not real sure what im going to use to power them, but yeah.

- Justin

not to be gay or anything but i went to your website and those stb are cheep. has this site been up for a while. i will sell my rsm one for that foke design.

not to be gay or anything but i went to your website and those stb are cheep. has this site been up for a while. i will sell my rsm one for that foke design.

yeah, old site... i have nothing to do with that anymore...

- Justin

nope.... like i said, i have nothing to do with that anymore.... i had some QC problems, sorted things out and from now on any fabrication is for personal projects only...

- Justin

Not to hijack the thread.. What are those seats from?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have another driver side window control panel like yours, would you? I'm in desperate need of one. I can just never get 'em with the mirror controls.

Not to hijack the thread.. What are those seats from?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have another driver side window control panel like yours, would you? I'm in desperate need of one. I can just never get 'em with the mirror controls.

seats came out of a 95 cutty.... $22 for both.... they have a little watter damage though but not bad....

as far as the controls.. nope, i had some somewhere but i dont know where anymore.... i think i probly threw them away... good luck finding a set though that the holes for the screws arent borken though... took me 4 months to find both front ones where the screw holes still had the stoppers for the recessed screws...

- Justin

rofl, I totally forgot to say anything about the doors. They do look good, but I'm just not partial to not having any cover over the speakers. People can't resist the urge to touch them, and IMHO the yellow speakers don't look good in a black interior.

rofl, I totally forgot to say anything about the doors. They do look good, but I'm just not partial to not having any cover over the speakers. People can't resist the urge to touch them, and IMHO the yellow speakers don't look good in a black interior.

yeah, im working on some sort of grills to put over them... im thinkin like 3 polished aluminum bars (1/4 inch thick) or something over each speaker...

yeah, im not to partial to it either, but its all i had laying around... i have like 20 of em..... my buddy (who's dad owns an out door speaker company) is the one who gave them too me.... he has some special paint stuff you can use on them though so i may do that and just go black, or maybe red... dont know yet....

- Justin

ya know.... random thaught here, but after looking at those pictures, i need to clean the lense on my digi cam...

- Justin

i don't wanna be an ass but justin clean your car :P get all the trash outta there like the "crapple"!

ya know.... random thaught here, but after looking at those pictures, i need to clean the lense on my digi cam...

- Justin

i don't wanna be an ass but justin clean your car :P get all the trash outta there like the "crapple"!

lolz, yeah, i know.... just got back form a camping trip and it has been insanely hot and shit and the heat has just kinda killed my motivation.... however, on a positive note, the outside of my car is spotless with a fresh coat of wax...

- Justin

Not bad Justin! Did the panels come black or did you dye them?

you mean the entire door panel??? no, it was grey, like light grey kinda, bu not the LIGHT LIGHT grey in prix's, but not charcoal.... k, im done, anyway, no they didnt... i went out to an automotive paint shop and they have interior paint that is basicly the same grade as the stuff that come OE on most things... I primed then shot them black.... then recovered the fabric part at the top of the door with carpet.... sounds cheasy, but looks clean and feels great too... then vinyl on the door panels... i might change that though. thinkin either re-vinyl with the pontiac arrowhead embroidered near the back of the door to fill the big black blank area.... or i might drop the vinyl all together and smooth it out and texture it and paint it to match the rest of the interior.

- Justin

awsome work, I'd love to do soemthing like that in my truck, my 4x6s just can't cut it.

Glad to see that yer finally finding time to put yer stuff in yer car :cheers:

that looks pretty good, although I would never put home audio speakers in my car...

yeahm home audio wasnt my first choice.... but like i said, it is what i had laying around... They sound real giood, the only real difference between these and car audio speakers is that home audio generally carry and 8 ohm load, while car audio is usually 4 ohm... thats why i am running them in pairs, that way i can connect them in parallel and have a 4 ohm load. The MB Quart twweters that im putting in are 8ohm as well so when i parallel them in the circuit, i will be running a 6 ohm load, so i will just turn the amp up a little more to compensate....

- Justin