e-brake light on

dohc v6

i know this was a topic not to long ago but dont have time to look for it. i got in my car and started it up and released the brake. about 2 min after driving the brake light came on. i tryed to press it and release it but i got nothing . any suggestions

there is a lot of stuff on my wheel and the dirt is just sticking to it. could it be a blown caliper. i dont feel ant thing on the line.

more then likely, i had this problem twice... mine were actually cracked at the bleeder nipple.

replace your caliper if you dont feel anything neer or on the lines.... but make sure it is the caliper b4 you replace it.... and make sure you clean the brake fluid off of your wheels.... brake fluid has a habbit of destroying paint, as i found out with one of my 17s and some of the spin off that chewed up the paint a little on my fender...

the light does come on for low fluid... when you push your pedal, does it sink real easy, then catch and get firm (this is where the fluid actually starts moving and applying brake pressure)

- Justin

my new wheel is ruined but that what they make warrantys for. i am going to send it back and tell them it was defective because the paint is coming off. that makes me made though

my new wheel is ruined but that what they make warrantys for. i am going to send it back and tell them it was defective because the paint is coming off. that makes me made though

who makes your wheel??? mine were enkie... i called them on it qand they told me since it was brake fluid, it wasnt covered under warenty... so instead i went to the local discount tire shop where ihad a friend, and he swapped it out on warenty for me anyway... hehehehehe

- Justin

mine are bsa wheels. same thing as hp racing. the guy at the wheel place told me that if the paint comes off it is warranty so i guess i get a new one. they wont know it is brake fluid.