UB3 Cluster Swap

JBC1701

Hi.

First, I'd like to thank GutlessSupreme for all the help with the remote starter in my father's 92 Cutlass Supreme. Finally finished and working (with the exception of the DRL.....still can't figure that one out!)

New problem! I am presently taking out the base instrument cluster and replacing it with a UB3 digital cluster from a 91 Cutlass Supreme International. I changed the wires in the plug according to the upgrades page on this site (I love this site, by the way! Very informative!) I haven't yet replaced the oil pressure switch with a pressure sending unit, so this doesn't work yet (all the bars are lit). I didn't splice into the orange ALDL wire from the diagnostic connector, so the TACH doesn't work yet. I also didn't change the coolant temp sender, but the bars aren't all lit, but I didn't run the engine long enough to heat up. Do I have to change it so the temp gauge will work? Also, the fuel gauge bars are all lit, indicating a full tank, even though the tank is only half full. Could the fuel gauge be the result of a bad solder connection?

Any advice?

Thanks!

JBC1701

Hi.

First, I'd like to thank GutlessSupreme for all the help with the remote starter in my father's 92 Cutlass Supreme.

Oooh... I never did get those diagrams scanned, I forgot all about it. So sorry :(

You got it all working though? That's good :)

Shouldn't the tank level be sent along D13?

According to the wiring diagrams on the upgrade page, yep... try unhooking it and see if it make's a difference at all, probably just have a bad connection.

Another couple of questions........

Went to the junkyard the other day and got a fog light switch off a 91 Cutlass Supreme International. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the back of the switch?

Also, I can get a DIC from the same 91 International. I want to install it on a 92 Cutlass Supreme S. Is the harness already there? If not, no big deal. I can remove the harness from the junkyard car. Where is C200 on a 92? Is it in the convenience center under the glove box, or the harness under the dash?

Thanks

JBC1701