cross referercing bulbs

sniperi311

ive got a 93 olds cutlass supreme, and i need new fog lights, the bulb size is 885, but there hard to find, what are the other bulb sizes that fit cross referencing them,

also, not sure if this would work or not, but if i cut my current fog light socket off and buy 9006 bulb sockets or 9005 depending on if i wanted to be mean and get really bright lights and they fit in the fog light "compartment" would the fuse or the wiring be able to put up that kind of stress or not, just think it would be cool to put some bright ass headlights where my foglights go, thanx

i put 9006 bulbs in my foglight housing. worked fine for a long time, but later on in it's life my headlights would shut off at random times. presumably the wiring held up, but the extra power draw was too much for the relays...

actually if i were you, i would just go to the parts store and buy a foglight installation kit and run that in place of your factory foglight relay.then just splice your plug onto that.