Best way to remove window tint.

99RegalGS

I'm trying to take off 2 layers of old faded tint in the back window of the cutlass and I'm using a flat razor blade and some windex. It's taking forever and it's a PITA. I'm wondering if there is an easier way to do it.

Thanks

Does Windex have Ammonia in it? If not go grab a cleaner that does have Ammonia. It should make it easier. I used "Bon Ami" on my trucks rear window w/ razor blade. IT came off easily and the ship who re-did the tint never said anything about old tint being there. Try something with ammonia in it!

Alright, couldn't find a long enough extention cord that wasn't being used. So I can't use the hairdryer.

The windex I was using had vingear in it and that's all that we have. I could buy something with ammonia later.

There was a post on this a month or 2 ago.......not bashing ya for asking but there was about 2-3 pages on good methods to remove the tint....

Search Away.......

Really, lol. I searched a little and came up with nothing, but I'll try some more.

EDIT: found it, thanks for pointing it out Davis.

whatever you do don't use a hair dryer!!! i used it to dry up some bubbles while i was tinting me rear window and the bitch shattered :oops: :bash: :fruity: :verymad: :guns: :cuss: :dammit:

I've actually burnt out several hairdryers while putting on tint. Had to invest in a nice heat gun.

Removing tint is a PITA. I just use some kind of cleaner that eats your skin if you're not carefull. Saves on the elbow grease.

at walmart here they sell tint removal liquid. im sure its a lot of amonia. Mine actually would rip off my old cieara.....gf went to town and tore it all off. This was that DIY stuff though

jon