Quick Brake Question

SmoothSteve3

Ok, so I spent all most all day yesterday on my moms 94 buick regal trying to do the brakes. I got ONE wheel done. I couldn't even remove the front caliper bracket (with the freaky star-bit) because the asshole that put it on before used some sort of impact wrench. My question is this:

are the front brakes on my 90 lumina the same as on my moms 94 regal? That damn star-bit.....

Thanks!

SmoothSteve

No the brakes aren't the same. All W's except the Lumina got a brake upgrade in 94'. Lumina's got the upgrade with the introduction of the Gen 1.5 Lumina/Monte Carlo. Someone eles will have to fill you in on exactly what the changes were.

'90-'94 Lumina = old style rears

'88-'93 everything else = old style rears

'88-late '95 everything = old style fronts

In other words, any car between '88 and '94 definetly have the same front brakes (unless they were swapped by an owner for the newer ones). So your Lumina and your moms '94 Regal will have the same fronts. Different rears though.

Front brakes are all the same.

Even the 96+ with bigger front brakes are the same with the only difference being the knuckle and rotor diameter, but the torx bolt and everything else is identical.

So the answer to this question is very much YES.