Nope, not the FPR *UPDATE*

gp90se

Its 7:44am, I decided that I wanted 2 do the regulator at 5am, so I did.

Put the FRP in, new o-rings all around, plug and play, very simple.

Still wont idle and now I have a miss, but I think I just need to replace the plenum gaskets.

Situation: If I turn the key, it will crank but not start. If I hold down the gas, it sounds like a healthy TGP should. As soon as I let go of the gas, dead again. I have swapped the ECUs and now the FPR, what other things cold it be?

-Jeff

Usually idle is the IAC valve. You did not clean it latley did you? But my problem was the MAP sensor. It would crank and would not start until cold. Hope this helps.

Adam S.

I don't think the IAC would cause it to not start, just not idle. Have you checked the injectors and fuel pump? Maybe change the fuel filter, too? Sounds like a fuel delivery problem if you have to step on it just to get it to turn over.

I really dont think its the injectors, they all fire when there supposed 2 (no misses while giving it gas). I will check the ohms later this week,

-Jeff

Swapped the IAC with my 3.4 motors 1, fired up. With the new FPR, I no long puff black smoke on startup. Only thing that worried me was the amount of smoke from the rear of the motor, but I think a chipmonk made its home back there and was just burning up leaves, didnt smell like oil/fuel, so Im not to worried. So, new question time

It idles at 1100 rpms and dips, so I think it needs a tuneup. I am doing the plugs for now, somewhere around here I have the delco plug numbers, but what else can I use if they dont have em?

Also, my walletmaster clicks for a minute after the car is off and the ABS light is on....accumulator?

the car needs an increadable amount of power 2 turn over (charged battery and a jump), but I think its from poor wiring, could it be the starter though?

-Jeff