the carpet on my door panels...

GutlessSupreme

looks like shit. it's just a disgusting carpet. looks and feels horrible. What came on cars with leather seats? vinyl in place of the carpet? (on the doors)

where can I get vinyl or something that'll match my blue interior?

it's 3am, excuse my stupidity.

thankee

you have to look around for places that sell automotive grade vinyl. i lucked out and found some great black carpet at a place the has yet to fad in the sun light :shock: must be resistant to UV rays :)

Mine looks like shit too, I'm working on trying to take it off and it's a real bitch. The glue they used on it is rubbery and real hard to even get a tiny bit off. I'm planning on using trunk carpet to replace it with.

Mine looks like shit too, I'm working on trying to take it off and it's a real bitch. The glue they used on it is rubbery and real hard to even get a tiny bit off.

Oh believe me I'm aware :? I ripped off the old carpet on my front doors after I put in my power windows so I could throw on carpet from the donor car without holes in it from the window cranks. It's a LOT easier to pull them off if it's really warm out though.. makes the glue nice and tacky.

It's a LOT easier to pull them off if it's really warm out though.. makes the glue nice and tacky.

Thanks for the tip. It's like 85 outside, so I am inside airconditioning tryting. I guess I should lay them out for a "tan" :lol:

Mine looks like shit too, I'm working on trying to take it off and it's a real bitch. The glue they used on it is rubbery and real hard to even get a tiny bit off. I'm planning on using trunk carpet to replace it with.

CONTACT CEMENT REMOVER :wink:

I redid my doors with some carpet I got at a regular carpet store. With the assistance of contact cement remover, a scraper of some sort, and finally some varsol to clean it good, I fitted the carpet and used contact cement. So far after several months they are still holding up 100%.

ed278e78.jpg

mine came with leather and mine has carpet on the doors also, mine is still in perfect shape, and the glue is holding great..lucky me i guess

my cutty has leather door panels..... :?

mine came with leather and mine has carpet on the doors also, mine is still in perfect shape, and the glue is holding great..lucky me i guess

my cutty has leather door panels..... :?

mine does also, but it has carpet on the bottom parts around the speakers..