Went to the junkyard today

LuminaMan93

I went to the Harry's U-pull it today. They had a $12 sale on seats. I picked up two front bucket seats for the Lumina. I also got a center console too. I want to swap the bucket seats with the 60/40bench seat. The driver's seat is a little faded. Any ideas how much it would be to get it recovered? Then I want to convert from column shifted to the floor. Eventually i'd like to swap in a 5 speed :D

I just dyed over the fading and made them look like new. They are a bit darker then the charcole should be though, almost closer to black. But I didn't want to recover seats that had no rips or burns in the material.

I also did it to the material on my doors. That was really faded, now it matches my seats.

hey would those seats be tough to put into a Lumina? i mean buckets replacing 60/40 bench. I wanna find buckets, cause my drivers side has a rip in it, and the foam insides starting to come out.

Puttin bucket seats in a Lumina is a cake walk.. If theyre power, you need to keep them powered up because they need to be moved to get to the inverted torx bolts.. I highly recommend keeping your old seats around as furniture.. lol.. A word of caution: On the manual seat(s), don't carry it/them by their adjusting bar.. It will misalign the whole seat, and it'll never straighten out..

Yeah Ive been there. It;s a nice yard except for that damn uphill crap, plus I think they were laying MORE rocks the last time I was there. It's really annoying! :?

double post

I need cutlass seats. buckets from the cutlass's beige interior, cause to my knowledge, a gp didnt come in beige interior did they?? Im definitly keeping my drivers side power, but my pass. side is manual. Thanks for the tips steve.

now i just gotta go find some. Finding a cutlass with beige interior, let alone a cutlass in the yards around here is like a needle in a haystack.

The Euro buckets are a hell of alot better than the bench seat. I swapped mine a while back and I swear it's the best thing for my car. I love way it rides and of course looks! 8)

for some reason i totally forgot about the 2 door euros having the same color interior as me. Although, there arent any two door euros in that interior at any yards either,

I would rather have the cutty seats, cause theyve got that same color in leather buckets 8)