94 Lumina Euro Dash Light out *FIXED*

Pauley

My 94 Lumina Euro Sedan's floor-mounted auto transaxle's light is out, so the PRNDL indicators are not visible at night. Since this (obviously) makes it difficult to see what gear I'm changing to at night, I'm looking to try to replace whatever's not working, and I'm not sure whether a fuse or a bulb is more likely to have blown. At this point, I'm thinking the bulb, although since the environmental controls are not lighting up either, I'd like to check both. The owners manual's fuse listings aren't very explicit on what controls what, so my question is, which fuse is connected to that particular light?

Thanks in advance,

-- Pauley

I'll have to check which fuse next time I get into my Euro, but the bulb is going to be fun to change. You have to remove center cover in order to get to it.

Open your center console, take the black "container" out. Reach up under there and twist out the socket. If you have big hands, good luck!

Aaron

Open your center console, take the black "container" out. Reach up under there and twist out the socket. If you have big hands, good luck!

Aaron

yep when i got my car that light was out, the bulb cost me something like $1.30 at the parts strore, piece of cake to fix

*nod* I didn't figure it would be all that expensive (and being between jobs at the moment, that's a good thing), just wasn't sure where to check first.

-- Pauley

Thanks for the info, all -- found the bulb under the transaxle shifter, and it is indeed blown. will be searching for a #74 next time I go shopping.

Thanks again,

-- Pauley