GP totalled

Guest Anonymous

all i can say is don't listen to that machanic

if he didn't check the timing on the cams wrong then the cams will simply run out of order, the engine will misfire, and run like shit.

thats after a new belt, also

t-belts arn't hard at all IMO

now that i've done 3 i can do em in 4 hours...

first time took 1 day reading the directions word for word, and nothing was as easy as doing a TB, just alot of taking off and putting on

with new covers, new pullies and a new belt, the total came to $400 dollars, but thats because i had to have them next day

from GM parts direct, expect to pay about 250-300 for the same equipment..

labor should be douple that...

go to an ASE certified mechanic, and make sure that he has done a timing belt on a 3.4 prior to yours, or else labor is gonna be around 800-1000..

i only sent my car to a garage once in my life before and thats because i didn't have the time

that was for my altinator, i sent it to the garage, the next day he said he didn't have time

and he bassically put it off for a week

i got pissed at him and called him up "why havn't you touched my fuck'n car yet??"

"its a tough job i need to find time in order to do this, but i don' really knwo where to start"

"well look man, if you don't have that car in your garage by tomorrow don't expect me to pay that bill"

*click*

so basically he didn't get it in the garage and i ended out stealing my car back at about 12 that night...

he didn't want to touch it in the first place, he was to afraid of it, so i had to take time off work in order to do it myself, got it done in 1 day the first time

my third time i got it done in about 3-4 hours.

face it, small local, one off garages are very afraid of this motor, moslty because nothing it truely straight forward, and its not a big engine bay.

pussies

i say see a dealership garage, or find an ASE certified garage to peak at your car..

also IMO don't sell the petty edition, i don't care...

between the two

a four door fugly GP or a sweet limited 2 door sexy bodied GP???