Seen a jeep coming fast in the rear view.

89GPSE

So, I was sitting at red light when I look in the rear view. I see a Jeep sliding right at me, his wheels were turned to the left to try and go around me but he was sliding. Then I jammed the gas to try and get out of the way but not fast enough, he nailed me. I got the estimate just over $2500 in damage, because of the age and the book value ($1300) of the car it is totaled. But it just happened to be my friend that rear-ended me, so we not going to go through insurance and he is going to pay for it all. And the insurance company can not total it if they don't know it happened :twisted: . I will have pics up soon of the damage if anyone wants to see it.

let them total it, eff the "friend" that hit you. its a 15 year old worthless W body. if someone hit my car i wouldnt have any second thoughts about letting them total it(however i'd buy it back and pull all my stuff from it)

The exact thing happened to my neighbor several years ago, some guy in a Sable drove right into him at a redlight going 45 mph or so. The guy didn't even brake at all... My neighbor hit the gas to try and avoid the guy, but it hit. Fortunately, the 82 Chevy C10 he was driving was barely damaged at all. That's too bad about your car, I hope you can get it fixed soon. Wrecks are a horrible thing to go through, losing your car and whatnot.

let them total it, eff the "friend" that hit you. its a 15 year old worthless W body. if someone hit my car i wouldnt have any second thoughts about letting them total it(however i'd buy it back and pull all my stuff from it)

with all the stuff on it I"m sure it has atleast some sentimental value to it. Not to mention a good deal of aftermarket parts!

with all the stuff on it I"m sure it has atleast some sentimental value to it. Not to mention a good deal of aftermarket parts!

Thank You

I am going to have it fixed. I will never find another in the same condition, with only 60,000 on it.

True, but now the car has been severly damaged. I mean it won' tbe the same car. They'll fix it but it just won't be the same car. I guess it's tough cuz of the sentimental value, but I think I'd let it go and find another car that you can afford!

Side note: In the past I've found friends are the WORST to deal with when it comes to $$. They'll fuck you over since they consider you a friend and you won't worry about it. That would be the one reason why if I was in your situation it would of went straight through the insurance company! Anyways good luck with it! I hope he's paying for your rental car!

Thank You

yea i hear you dude. The one main reason I haven't traded the cutty and I don't plan to is because this car has sentimental value to me. This was the last huge thing my nana did for me before she died in Feb this year. I bought it from her dirt cheap after my truck died, and she wanted it to get my through college. Well I plan to keep it for then and for after that as a second car.

My car(s) have/had sentimental value as well.. so I know just what you mean.. but a $3500 check in the mail hushes those memories for a bit. I love my cars, have a lot of memories involving them, but in the end, its just sheetmetal. I learn to bond with new cars.

man that sucks...60K and now its totalled! Too bad he's a friend...if you keep the car then you should look for the parts out of the j/yd's on William Street(Mark's, 2060, Greg's, M&M u pull it).

not too bad i've seen and fixed worse, its definatley alot of work, but fixable, and good luck ever keeping your trunk watertight agian.

from how it sounded intitially, I thought it'd be worse than the pics showed. However, that's a pretty sizable amount of damage...good luck fixing that! :wink:

man that sucks...60K and now its totalled! Too bad he's a friend...if you keep the car then you should look for the parts out of the j/yd's on William Street(Mark's, 2060, Greg's, M&M u pull it).

I am at (M&M U Pull It) at least once a week. I love that place, but I went there on Monday and the only GP's I seen people had smashed the tail-lights and tried to tear out the lock to get in the trunk. I am going up to Skyway Auto parts tomorrow if this rain will ever stop. The parts are always everwhere when I dont need them.

I am at (M&M U Pull It) at least once a week. I love that place, but I went there on Monday and the only GP's I seen people had smashed the tail-lights and tried to tear out the lock to get in the trunk. I am going up to Skyway Auto parts tomorrow if this rain will ever stop. The parts are always everwhere when I dont need them.

I know how you feel as far as the parts not showing up since your prix is hurting. Owning a '95 Cutlass Coupe makes it almost impossible to find quality used parts at the local J/yd's. All the Cuttys at M&M are '91 and older or sedans.

• 1 year later...

Old Post I know. But I thought I might take some new picks of the car soon and this would be where to post them. I fixed the rear end back in the summer but used a 4 door bumper, thats what the J/Y had. Look at the before pics and I will post the new ones soon.