W-body mag Article w/ 1995 Monte&Regal

mfewtrail

Kind of funny how the general public's taste differs so much from that of reviewers and enthusiasts!

Although T-bird was the big winner in the article, in sales numbers, it was the big loser.

I have an article in a car mag from I think 96 that puts a highend GP up against a highend T-Bird.

The T-bird gets spanked.

I'll look for it and scan/post it.

Nice find! That's my freakin' car, 'cept mine's not a GS. I laughed my ass off at the reporter's comments on the Regal's interior:

Contrary to it's Grand Sport moniker, the Buick Regal is about as racy inside as a retirement home... ...By color-keying everything between the doors with that cranberry red, Buick shackles an otherwise modern interior to the 70's.

You know, when I first bought my Regal, I thought to myself that it was the type of car my late grandparents would probably own if it was 25-30 years earlier, cause they owned several cars that had all red leather interiors like that...

Everything they say about the Buick is exactly why Buicks in general have low resale value. Nobody wants to own a "Blue Hair" mobile, but the truth is, Senior Citizens take wonderful care of their cars and hold on to them for quite some time. Low cost and little neglect make them perfect used cars...

I have an article in a car mag from I think 96 that puts a highend GP up against a highend T-Bird.

The T-bird gets spanked.

I'll look for it and scan/post it.

i think in '96, there was the '97 GTP vs. the '97 V8 SHO. cuz i have that mag at home somewhere.

I see a series one in the cutaway

It looks like a series one to me

John

Look at where the alternator and the ps pump are. Definaltely series 2.

Everything they say about the Buick is exactly why Buicks in general have low resale value. Nobody wants to own a "Blue Hair" mobile, but the truth is, Senior Citizens take wonderful care of their cars and hold on to them for quite some time. Low cost and little neglect make them perfect used cars...

Talk about low resale, my grandpa bought a brand new 1998 Park Avenue for 26,000, and it still looks brand new and only has 16,000 miles even, and is only worth just below 8,000 dollars. My dad has a 1999 F-150 with 36,000 miles on it, and it looks almost brand new, and thats still worth 15,500 dollars :|

Talk about low resale, my grandpa bought a brand new 1998 Park Avenue for 26,000, and it still looks brand new and only has 16,000 miles even, and is only worth just below 8,000 dollars. My dad has a 1999 F-150 with 36,000 miles on it, and it looks almost brand new, and thats still worth 15,500 dollars :|

because trucks always hold their resale.

John

Bingo!..If I'm remembering right from looking at those pics, it also shows the different EGR location. :?: They pitted a TGP against an SC in that article "Ballistic Boosters" back in 89(in hotrod I think). I posted over at the SC board trying to find someone w/ that article, someone replied and said they would try to get it scanned for me. 8)

John

Bingo!..If I'm remembering right from looking at those pics, it also shows the different EGR location. :?: They pitted a TGP against an SC in that article "Ballistic Boosters" back in 89(in hotrod I think). I posted over at the SC board trying to find someone w/ that article, someone replied and said they would try to get it scanned for me. 8)

if you get it scanned, i want to read that one!

Bingo!..If I'm remembering right from looking at those pics, it also shows the different EGR location. :?:

Yep, the series 1 is in the front next to the air filter and the series 2 is by the firewall.