55 Watt Stock Foglight Upgrade

LukeZ34

I picked up some 55 Watt bulbs for the stock fog lights on the TGP tonight.

Got some pictures to display the difference.

27 Watt bulbs

27w.jpg

55 Watt on the left, 27 Watt on the right

5527w.jpg

Both 55 Watt bulbs

55w.jpg

Haven't taken it for a drive yet, but they are a little brighter.

actually the 885BP bulbs for Cutlass foglights are already 50 watts. At least the ones from Sylvania. Stock GP should fit these with no problem. Which bulbs did you use for those GP's ?

cool then. So either my previous owner upgraded to 885's or thats just what the Cutlass takes. Now I just need a white garage door to aim them nicely...

The TGP may have had 27W bulbs because it has plastic foglight housings. I know the Cutlass Supremes (all years) had metal & glass housings. My truck has plastic foglights and it too has 27W bulbs.

kinda on subject, but a little off...does anyone know where i can get the inverted torx bit to aim my miniquads on my car? my miniquads are way off aim and see that its a torx bit, but inverted.

kinda on subject, but a little off...does anyone know where i can get the inverted torx bit to aim my miniquads on my car? my miniquads are way off aim and see that its a torx bit, but inverted.

use a regular 4.5mm socket

I took a road trip this weekend, and the lights were a BIG improvement. The lenses never got too hot either, so I would say this was a worthwhile upgrade.

Now I just need to figure out how to wire the foglights to stay on while the brights are on, anyone know?

Now I just need to figure out how to wire the foglights to stay on while the brights are on, anyone know?

Cut the LT GRN wire going to the foglight relay. Ground the side going to the relay and tape up the other side.

Cut the LT GRN wire going to the foglight relay. Ground the side going to the relay and tape up the other side.

Would this be possible even on my '96 cutty?