1991 Cutlass Supreme Questions (Please Help) New to Board

smittyy29

Hello

I can get this car a 1991 Cutlass Supreme 4 door. It has a pretty good paint job on it. A few small dings here but nothing serious. It does have up in the front bumper a rip or something in the plastic i think i can fix it and touch it back up. The fog lights seem to work but i think i would replace them with better ones. The Radio is a nice Jensen Cd player. It has 2 brand new jensen 6"9"'s in the back rear window area. It has all the amp wires and stuff run ready to put the system in.

The interior has a few things wrong nothing major drivers side door dont open from outside, door latch is broke. The outside key entry was broken into someone tried to break the lock out but its still there and not broke just needs to be fixed and put back on it right. Not to bad of shape. The dash has a small vent piece not on that is there needs glued back on. The dash otherwise is in good shape. The check engine light is always on but nothing wrong with engine i had that checked out. Dummy light wont turn off. It's a digital dash. The car has a great paint job on it still just needs buffed and painted. The interior does have some rips in seats and middle column is tore up but i think i can get those parts out of a junk yard cheap.

The major thing that needs done on car is this: 2 front strutts are bad i can get that done for 220 bucks at a shop with gurantee and alingnment done as well. It might have a cv joint bad on drivers side will find out next week. The bottom motor mount is loose might need replaced. Little things like that. The tires are good especially the rear tires there great with alot of trim. The fronts are gettin more worn down due to bad strutts. The back strutts are good they were replaced a year or so ago. It has a new oil pump, new altenator and starter and battery. No oil leaks or anything that i can see. It shifts great. The brakes are good but might need bled there alittle spongy.

The car is a 91 and it only had 95,100 something miles on it. The car starts right up and seems to run great. There is nothing vissibly wrong with car. All power windows roll up and such but the left passenger side needs alittle help when rolling up.

The exhaust has the two cut outs for dual exhaust it had dual exhaust on it but he took it off and welded up a straight pipe and only ran the one side back up. Both mufflers are still there i want to get dual put back on it and make it sound nice. My plans are to get everything small fixed right away and then next spring put new tires on it and a paintjob. Id like to customize the interior but need suggestions and ideals.

The price of this car since i know the person its my brothers best friend to me is only $700.00 he can easily get 1500 as is if he put a add in the paper. The car runs great. Like i said the strutts need fixed and it would be a driver then but i prefer to fix the little things and the exhaust cause im picky.

Is this car worth 700 to you guys and gals? And how much potential do these cars have to deck out and customize ive neve seen a decked out one. Id like to have some ideals on interior if someone can give me some cause that is something id like to start working on and make it nice. The outside will look real nice with some nice cleaning and buffing and wax it will shine bigtime. The car could use a nice set of rims also and then a amp and speakers but that is all in due time.

please help me out im suppose to buy the car this morning at 9:30. I feel the car is in great shape for 700 bucks but that is what needs done to it. Now as far as making it look like some of your souped up cars it would need more work but it is a sharp car as it sits now.

let me know

smitty

sorry so long

The brakes are good but might need bled there alittle spongy.

That's pretty much normal for earlier W-bodies. I bled and fixed my brakes and they still scare me a little bit.

The Radio is a nice Jensen Cd player. It has 2 brand new jensen 6"9"'s in the back rear window area.

:lol: Hey, C-BAD! Check this out! :lol:

thanks for the info guys my bad on the radio its a panasonic detachable face i got the book ill give more info on it later.

also my buddy has a newer jl audio 12 inch speaker maybe year old or less i can buy for 50 bucks thats a good deal isnt it ill have to get the model number. i dont know much about speakers.

it also has kenwood speakers in the doors that were new and replaced and then the two 6"9 jensens in the back that were custom fitted i thought about changing them all to eclipse as i like them but the jl's are good also.

as for the brakes that is what im told about them older cars that they are spongy like that

as for international no clue i do know that the motor from what i know is a 3.1

so what is that lol

let me know

or the motor is a 3.4