Is this cutty rare?

GPdriver1986

wait, where have you seen a 1 1/2 CD/Cassette din??

im not being an ass i just would like to know so i can purchase one for myself.

There's always one in the Crotchfield catalog.

Why would you even want one? If I had a CD/cassette, I'd have to yank it and put in a CD-only deck. I can't stand that crusty old technology in there.

Hey, by now, CD's are crusty old technology. Hell, I remember when they still came in those longboxes... ahh memories...

i can plug my laptop in through the tape deck and listen to my mp3's...

Exactly. I keep my 1.5 DIN (cringe) in my car because it has a tape deck. I installed the EQ tape deck from an SE, because I want the best sound quality and most customizability. Basically the only "tape" I play is my tape adapter with my iPod hooked into it. I don't want any kind of media player beyond that, unless I could get a nice HU with a Line In jack and nothing else. Maybe a cheap Pioneer.

Hey, by now, CD's are crusty old technology. Hell, I remember when they still came in those longboxes... ahh memories...

True! I remember that too, I remember I got my 1st CD player Christmas of 1987 and they were all in longboxes back then. Funny thing is, they haven't really dropped in price much since then. My dad has this really old Magnavox CD player from 1982 that weighs a ton. It still works, too!

I forgot about those tape adapter things. I greatly prefer my MP3-playing CD player.

True! I remember that too, I remember I got my 1st CD player Christmas of 1987 and they were all in longboxes back then. Funny thing is, they haven't really dropped in price much since then. My dad has this really old Magnavox CD player from 1982 that weighs a ton. It still works, too!

I forgot about those tape adapter things. I greatly prefer my MP3-playing CD player.

I was a die-hard MP3-CD user before I bought this iPod. I now use it exclusively, and have since taken my MP3 CD player back to Target. I keep my Minidisc so I still have some sort of digital recording device.

If you can afford an iPod, I say get one. You like digital gadgetry, the iPod is cooler than the CD players I used to use, I'll tell you. I love it, from the sound of your tastes, you'd like it too. :D

If you can afford an iPod, I say get one. You like digital gadgetry, the iPod is cooler than the CD players I used to use, I'll tell you. I love it, from the sound of your tastes, you'd like it too. :D

Oh, I'm sure there's no doubt I would like it if I had it and would probably buy one if I ever come across an irresistable deal for one, but I just have a problem with loose wires in the passenger compartment and having to control the stereo from 2 places. That, and I'd only use it in the car since I have networked audio in the house so I'd want a more hard-wired setup in the car.

I'm seriously thinking about building a Car PC though, and give it an 802.11g wireless connection so I can copy MP3's right to its hard drive right off my server at home.

I'm seriously thinking about building a Car PC though, and give it an 802.11g wireless connection so I can copy MP3's right to its hard drive right off my server at home.

yea, that's something I want to do... the money's not there though, and I don't think it'd be worth it for just music. If I had a bigger car that I could comfortably chill in the back of and had a tv/lcd screen in the back, it'd be more practical (??somehow) because you could use the hard drives for videos too.

yea, that's something I want to do... the money's not there though, and I don't think it'd be worth it for just music. If I had a bigger car that I could comfortably chill in the back of and had a tv/lcd screen in the back, it'd be more practical (??somehow) because you could use the hard drives for videos too.

i heard they make some deal where once you're in range of a transmitter you set up, mp3's automatically upload to the vehicle... key word: "heard"... haven't actually seen one for myself. :?

Back to the Quad4.

I'd stay away from it. Quad4s are horrid engines. I have'nt seen a Quad4 around Halifax that has'nt had or needed a head job or motor rebuild.

My parents had an 88 GrandAm and the motor had to be shipped to Quebec to be refurbished.

Even though it can pump out 155hp. It's still only a 4cyl.

Yup, the HO Quad4's had 180Hp. Found in the Barreta GTZ, Grand Am SE (I think), Oldsmobile Achieva SCX (not sure on the last letter), and I the Olds Cutlass Calais International, or the earlier 442 (I think the Achieva replaced the Calais... ???). The W41 option was for the Achieva only.

Standard Quard 4's were 155-160 range.

That was the difference on the W-41 motor? What kind of torque did that thing have?

And yes, those HO cars where pretty fast (mid-low 7's for the N bodies?) with the manual. But the V6's just feel better in normal daily driving- gotta love all that low end torque.

I'd think you would be eating clutches if you drove it fast all the time. Those things have to be launched at some ridiculous RPM. The V6 guys just jab the throttle 8)

An HO Quad4 W-body would be interesting to have. I wouldn't mind having one in my collection. :lol:

The turbocharged ones in the real Cutlass Pace Cars produced 260HP. They'd be a lot easier to do a custom turbo setup for as well due to all the room. A super huge turbo could fit in there, you could have a 4-cyl turbo W-body that could blow away even heavily modded 3800 SC's. The import guys build 500+HP 4-cyl turbo engines all the time. It would be interesting and fun, although I hate to think of how horrible one of these would sound with an exhaust. I'd probably want to put a humongous muffler on it so I wouldn't have to hear it.