Car Alarms

Speckkial

Anyone know someone who installs car alarms for cheap in Chicago? I'm trying to avoid going to all the shops and stores and save some money. Any input is good input.

i don't know if you really want a cheap alarm. I don't know what you have in your car, but I wanted mine protected. I bought a Clifford alarm, which are better than vipers. I have a battery backup for mine, so if a wire is cut the alarm is still functional. Granted I dropped over $300, but it's well worth it. I go to school in Philly, and there have been several occasions where someone's tried to break into my car. Most of them have been misguided teenagers :roll:

I have over $300 worth of electronics that are used in my car, I wanted something to protect them. Hell I've even kicked out a screen from my g/f's first floor apt window after 3am one time and beat down someone who set off my alarm trying to break into my car. I had my foot on the guy's neck until the cops arrived. You don't fuck with my property and get away with it. lol :devil:

Moral of the story, if you have something valuable in your car put some money into a quality alarm system.

I wasn't talking about a cheap alarm system. (excuse if my last post was a little misguiding) I was talking about someone who would install my alarm system for a cheap price (me paying them).

I bought a Clifford alarm, which are better than vipers.

I disagree, I think Vipers are much better than Cliffords. I had a Clifford Avantguard 3, and it was needlessly complicated. I ended up selling it for a Viper and I like it a LOT better.

Plus, you don't get separate button arm/disarm or progressive unlocking with Clifford.

DEI bought Clifford anyway, and Viper is DEI's top line, so Clifford isn't better. Just different.

their systems are more complicated and different, which make them harder to brake. That's why I bought it. They were reccomended to me over a more expensive viper I was going to buy.

They are not any harder to break, they were just different. Different type of sirens, different type of chirp tones, and lots of things can be interconnected through the Cliffnet data port. Personally, I don't like everything to be multiplexed. It gives you much less flexibility in customizing how it's hooked up and you can't use sensors from other companies.

They are not any harder to break, they were just different. Different type of sirens, different type of chirp tones, and lots of things can be interconnected through the Cliffnet data port. Personally, I don't like everything to be multiplexed. It gives you much less flexibility in customizing how it's hooked up and you can't use sensors from other companies.

And yes, they are harder to break into because they are wired totoally differently than the norm. I don't care about flexibility shawn, I care about customizability! I can customize and recalibrate my sensors depending on the environment. That's enough for me knowing my car is safe. That's why you purchase an alarm system.

And yes, they are harder to break into because they are wired totoally differently than the norm. I don't care about flexibility shawn, I care about customizability! I can customize and recalibrate my sensors depending on the environment. That's enough for me knowing my car is safe. That's why you purchase an alarm system.

Since when do thieves care about how it's wired?

A thief disarms an alarm with brute force. He chops up all the wires, yank out what's making noise, and smashes it. A thief doesn't identify the alarm, pull out wiring diagrams, trace wires, and figure out how to defeat individual sensors. That's what the Bomb Squad does, not thieves. There's nothing about Clifford that will make your car any more difficult to break into. Ask any thief and I'll bet money he'd tell you the same.

What'll make my car harder to break into is that I have battery backup and multipath wiring. :devil:

Okay, okay, I throw in the towel. Clifford is the most advanced alarm in the world. So advanced, it has scientists scratching their heads as to why Clifford went Chapter 11 and DEI bought them. Maybe, it was just too good, too advanced, so impenetrable by thieves that maybe they got sued by the gov't for selling a product that so thoroughly crushes the competition, that the gov't was afraid they would become a monopoly. A thief simply cannot break into your car, it's unthinkable. Of course, there were those who said the Titanic was unsinkable.

What'll make my car harder to break into is that I have battery backup and multipath wiring. :devil:

Okay, okay, I throw in the towel. Clifford is the most advanced alarm in the world. So advanced, it has scientists scratching their heads as to why Clifford went Chapter 11 and DEI bought them. Maybe, it was just too good, too advanced, so impenetrable by thieves that maybe they got sued by the gov't for selling a product that so thoroughly crushes the competition, that the gov't was afraid they would become a monopoly. A thief simply cannot break into your car, it's unthinkable. Of course, there were those who said the Titanic was unsinkable.

:lol: :lol:

As somebody who worked around and installed Viper car alarms for over 3 years, I must agree with gnat.

Viper is NOT the end all of car alarms. But niether is Clifford. :idea:

apparently i won something :? lol :lol:

*Edit* All I know is that I bought one of the best alarm systems available at the time on sale. I forgot I have dual stage shock sensors too. :P