door speakers in a euro?

syknesss

can speaker be put in the doors of a euro 2dr that doesnt have them... if so what size

i also want do do as little work to fit them in as possible

i'm getting ready to do this in my car, depends on what color your interior is but what you need is

Bose Setup door pannels, or just the speaker grilles if you don't mind choping

the bose enclosures for the speakers

4' round speakers

btw if you need the speaker enclosures i might have an extra set here shortly

not sure on that yet, btw what color is your interior i might be able to get you the speaker grilles if you have the dark blue interior, i'll let you know on im when i get my extra speaker enclosures

if you have no problems with cutting the proper holes in your door pannels i can get a set of the bose speaker grilles from a 4 door euro by my dads place soon.

Why not do a custom fab with MDF and put carpet over it? For the time and money I'd go with some 6.5 in the doors instead of little 4". My door speakers originially were the premium sound system (Delco) 4x6 in the doors and dash, 6x9 rear. I though fuck putting little 4x6 in the doors when there is definatly room for larger! So I managed to cut the metal and door panels so the speakers with their grills can pop through. HU powering dash/rear, seperate amp for door speakers. Fills the front with sound I love it compared to JUST door speakers or JUST dash. :)

Its kinda ghetto, but I good enough for this car..

ed278e78.jpg

Heres how they fit..

547630be.jpg

I agree 1,000,000 percent with C-Bad. 6 1/2's are well worth the effort trying to cram in the doors. Interesting to see the speaker mounted right to the door frame. If you can get the Lumina door panels with the speaker grilles moulded in, I'd say go with them for the stock look. Try to find the factory mounts to make a template out of 3/8" MDF or plywood and make the holes large enough for 6 1/2" speakers. Check out my MODS Page to see how I mounted 6 1/2's in place of my factory 5 1/4's. I haven't included a photo of the door panels reinstalled, but the new speakers don't stick out any farther than the factory ones did, and look totally stock. Just my 2 cents...

I had thought about doing this to the Lumina we are giving to my daughter...cuz right now the factory dash speakers arent working...I dont know if its a wiring problem or a head unit prob (factory head unit still w/non-working CD)...arent the stock dash speakers 4x6s?

nope, the lumina's front speakers are 4x6. if you were to go w/ the stock size for the bose door panels, you need a 3 1/2" diameter speakers. take a look @ my page, and or hop to the 2nd page of this section and look for "bose door panel install"(same link to my CD page)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/360699/2

yes you can have door speakers, stock or after market. i'd guess drilling holes onto the door frame would me a must, since i doubt you'll match up w/ current holes in it(they are set up for the 3 1/2")

Why not do a custom fab with MDF and put carpet over it? For the time and money I'd go with some 6.5 in the doors instead of little 4". My door speakers originially were the premium sound system (Delco) 4x6 in the doors and dash, 6x9 rear. I though fuck putting little 4x6 in the doors when there is definatly room for larger! So I managed to cut the metal and door panels so the speakers with their grills can pop through. HU powering dash/rear, seperate amp for door speakers. Fills the front with sound I love it compared to JUST door speakers or JUST dash. :)

Its kinda ghetto, but I good enough for this car..

ed278e78.jpg

Heres how they fit..

547630be.jpg

i dont have the tools to do something like that......or the skill

^^^ That was simply a hack job. Originally there were 4x6 speakers mounted to the metal of the door, I just used sheet metal cutters to make the hole a bit bigger (only had to do it on the drivers door I think). I found some screws that actually lined up with the ones that were already in the door so it was easy. The door skins I also used simple tools to cut out the holes. I also recarpeted, painted, and vinyl-ized the armrest of the door skins for my "project". :lol: