CheapTurbo.com possibly worst company in the world?

tgpguy21

These guys have had my turbo for almost 4 months looking or waiting for a new cartridge. I gave one company a call and found the cartridge in less than 20 minutes. Then they said they would ship me back my turbo last tuesday, and i gave him a call today and it still hasnt been shipped out. My cartridge is already with me and i ordered that last thursday. Bottom line is go with a company called East Coast turbos if your looking at getting a turbo rebuild. Cheapturbo.com is horrible!!!!! :verymad:

fully rebuilt and with polished compressor and HPC coated turbine housing...

How much did that cost ya? (if you don't mind me asking)

I need to get mine rebuilt.. it's on it's last few legs.

I can usually get turbo's for less than cheapturbo's, so I get them locally. I can't beat them by a lot, but some and I personally know the guy I get my turbo's from, so I know they are good and any problems I have (which I don't) would get resolved immediately.

to tell you the truth luke i wouldnt go with cheapturbo.com. They still dont have our cartridge in and your probably better off going with east coast turbos. even though there alittle more expensive (20-30 dollars i believe) they have way better customer service.

just what ever you guys do DO NOT buy anything from mjmturbochargers cause i bout my 2nd tgp and sent them the turbo for a rebuild and they sent me back shitty turbos.so i sent it back to them(7months ago)and i still don't have my turbo back from them and i'm about to get on a plane and go to alabama to kick some yokel-rednecks ass for not sending me a new turbo!

well luke from what he has told me is they wont be getting the cartridge in from japan for another 2-3 months! Just something to think about before you go sending your turbo in to them.

I ordered a new GT30R from CheapTurbo.com with very minor problems. I spoke with Ken. First, they switched credit card processing companies, but that didn't delay my order. Then, they were short on the exhaust housing I ordered(at least in non HPC coated form) so I got the one with HPC coating. Once it shipped(maybe 2 days late- no big deal), it arrived promptly. This weekend I'll be picking it up from my parents house. I should also have a Tial BOV and wastegate and flanges in there. I'll let you all know how it looks.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with cheapturbo so far. Turbonetics and a local shop delayed my last T04E by 2 months, sent me the wrong turbo which was also rebuilt and not new, and then tried to charge me more for the new correct one when it finally came in!

Tim

Tim, the T04E not large enough :P?

:) That T04E is HUGE! It is definitely TOO big for people who want instant spool and a perfect autocross setup. I actually have considered swapping out to a GT35R though.

The GT30R is for my 2004 Honda S2000!

Tim