B4U trim differences

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well I want to swap the lower front bumper off the 92 PE w/ the b4u to a 94-96 with the round foglights.. would the trim lines match up on the B4U and is there any way to get around this? I really want to round foglights, the 92's are ugly.

The '94+ is much more round. I doubt it'll match up great. It'll work though. If I'm not mistaken, 'Pharit' has done the same thing.

Hello,

I think the problem you'll run into is the body indent lines on the upper portion of the cladding has 5 groves on the early trim and only 2 or 3 on the newer cladding. Just something to look out for....

They're at licence plate level. For those of you who don't have front licence plates or a clue of what I'm talking about, check out http://members.aol.com/regal231/gppic.htm for pictures.

Guest Anonymous

thats what i figured about the grooves. I guess that would be kinda noticable, huh? and of course I'd have to repaint it to match the petty blue.

if anyone hears form "Pharit" please tell him to check this out, i hear he has done it with his 92 and i need advice.

He hasn't been around for awhile. Better chance of finding him on ClubGP.

He posted in the whatever section pretty recently...he has the 91-93 style front end on a 94+ car..his doesn't look bad because he has a custom paint job(black on the front end and most of the car is a light blue)..most people that don't know GP's probably wouldn't ever take a 2nd look at his car for THAT reason.

Ok.. I had it backwards. I knew he had something different.

Shit, I think YOU are actually right and I'm wrong..I typed that out a bit quickly thinking his car was a 94+ when I actually think it's a 91-93. :oops:

Don't do the swap it will look like hell. There was some kid at my school who had a 94-96' Grand Prix that must have been crunched in front becuause it had the pre-94' B4U front end on it. Icky...

Don't do the swap it will look like hell. There was some kid at my school who had a 94-96' Grand Prix that must have been crunched in front becuause it had the pre-94' B4U front end on it. Icky...

look like hell, please check out my cardomain page and see if it looks like hell, most people can;t even notice, We had a mini meet in chicago a year ago, and no one noticed until the last day, and those are guys form GPclub, but ross i already responded to your e-mail. just stickin up for my car :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

Pharit, yours looks awesome... nothing to worry about. My concern is the trim lines, that would show up on the petty blue but not the black. But the fogs and such look MUCH nicer than the older b4u...