best wax

dohc v6

I use Prestone full synthetic, it rockes when it rains there are puddles on the hood the size of tennis balls. It rocks tall blue container

I just used the Meguir's 3 step crystal polish system and I loved the results. I took an entire day, about 7 hours working on my car though. Stripped the old wax by washing twice with dish detergent. I then proceeded to use Step 1 of the system, paint cleaner. That took about three hours alone since I went around the entire car rubbing all the road grime off by hand. Step two is a polishing compound, which I applied an orbital buffer and removed by hand polishing. I did that twice. And the final step is a Carnauba wax, I did two coats on it and I don't think I've ever seen a white car look so damn shiny. I was very pleased, but then it cost me almost $30 to buy the cleaner/wax/polish, and some new bonnets so...

I use the newest formula of RainX. I've found that stuff works well. Make sure you double coat the hood, roof, and trunk. Most of us are starting to deal with cancer. AKA peeling clear coat. I've got 2 areas on my roof that went where I had to attempt to reseal it with a spray clearcoat. That's what happens when my grandma didn't have it waxed regularly over the 8 years it sat outside. I've babied it since I got it, but there was lotsa sun damage already :cry:

i've tried a million different waxes, and none shined as well or repelled rain as well as Armor-all detailer's advantage. Unfortunatley, i haven't been able to find any in a year or so.

meguair's gets my 2nd place vote

Liquid Glass :D

Ack!!! Your going to be so sorry that you used that stuff in a year when it starts peeling off your car in sheets. I had a friend who used that stuff on his car, it looked great to begin with and then went straight to hell after a Michigan winter full of salty roads. He applied it to his wheels and it ended up not only peeling off, but removing the gunmetal color coating that they had as well, not a cheap mistake since he had 17" Enkei's.

Oh, and in case anyone is interested Liquid Glass IS NOT a polish. Its basically akin to coating your car with a thin coat of acrylic plastic, which means good luck ever getting off any contaminants you sealed in when applying it.

I use NuFinish. I get it for free because thats what we use at the detail shop I work at, however the stuff is cheap and it works AWESOME. When you put it on, by the time you are done putting it on, most of it is already dry. Not only that but it lasts a LONG time, and when I go to the carwash I can't even keep water on the car is beads up so much. The water basically falls off the car. I like it. There is probably better stuff out there, but this lasts a long time, is cheap, and seems to protect very well.

Shawn

I use NuFinish. I get it for free because thats what we use at the detail shop I work at, however the stuff is cheap and it works AWESOME. When you put it on, by the time you are done putting it on, most of it is already dry. Not only that but it lasts a LONG time, and when I go to the carwash I can't even keep water on the car is beads up so much. The water basically falls off the car. I like it. There is probably better stuff out there, but this lasts a long time, is cheap, and seems to protect very well.

Shawn

Thats the stuff in the Orange bottle right?

I'd have to say that I like it as well, for the price anyways. It works good as a polish-slash-wax. I used it the first time I painted my car which I compared to Mothers and couldn't really tell a difference (my car was shiney at first.. Spraypaint just doesn't hold up to anything after 2 years.. :? )

I think I used NU-polish and then Simonz(sp?) wax the first time I waxed the new paint, which made it shiney. You can see pics here:

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/canadianbadass/gp-polished.html

I use Mother's wax most of the time, I've also used a ton of things including Zymoil, NuFinish(car polish..but it does pretty damn good..I usually wax my cars and then polish them w/ NuFinish or some other polish), Turtle wax,etc...I usually wash the car first(armor all car wash liquid), use a pre-wax cleaner(mothers), and then actually wax the car. Sometimes I just wash/wax though..looks about the same to tell you the truth.

This is a picture of the TGP after being waxed w/ mother's carnuba cleaner wax(about $6/bottle).

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?fg=FFFFFF&bg=000000&migration=1&image=http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/572000-572999/572677_20_full.jpg

Meguiars makes some of the best stuff, and their new NXT wax has to be the best ive seen for the best price. There are many sealants like Blackfire out there if your looking for protecion, but sealants dont give as much shine.

jon

Shawn

Thats the stuff in the Orange bottle right?

I'd have to say that I like it as well, for the price anyways. It works good as a polish-slash-wax. I used it the first time I painted my car which I compared to Mothers and couldn't really tell a difference (my car was shiney at first.. Spraypaint just doesn't hold up to anything after 2 years.. :? )

I think I used NU-polish and then Simonz(sp?) wax the first time I waxed the new paint, which made it shiney. You can see pics here:

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/canadianbadass/gp-polished.html

Yea it's the Orange one. That's what I used to use on my old Trooper. That stuff works better than Turtle Wax! I tried the Rain-X when I ran outta that stuff and it worked better.

Maybe your "friend" is a unique case......... :roll:

Thats entirely possible. I just know that from what I saw I wasn't too impressed. That and putting plastic coat on my cars finish just doesn't sit well with me.

Its been a toss up for me, Meguiars Gold Class, or Mothers Premium wax. My vote goes to Mothers. comes off the easiest, seems to protect the best, and shines the best.

As to my thoughts to Nufinish, their slogan is "The once a year car polish"

who waxes their car only once a year???Im going on wax number 4

for petes sake, never use Turtle Wax. Spend a few extra $$.

The new liquid Turtle Wax works VERY well from what I've seen, my friend waxed his black Stang' with it a few days ago.

I dunno.. I tried Meguiers on my old Cutlass Supreme.. it should have brought out a BEAUTIFUL deep dark red color.. it didn't do.. anything. It was years ago.. but I remember I was not impressed at all. I know I'll never purchase a Meguiers product again because of it.

I've waxed my white car once. Obviously didn't notice a difference due to the white paint.

I've notice that I've got MAJOR swirl marks ALL OVER the car now. Those I will need to get rid of soon!

I've waxed my white car once. Obviously didn't notice a difference due to the white paint.

I'm feelin the pain. I fucking hate my paint, I really want something besides white.

I'm feelin the pain. I fucking hate my paint, I really want something besides white.

I easily notice a difference in waxing my white SE about once a month...it starts looking dull if I let it go 2-3 months without waxing. That's w/ the 11 yr old original paint on a car w/ 240K on it.

I love white.. besides the swirls you catch in the sunlight, my paint is seemingly flawless. Original owner kept this thing in a heated garage. So I don't mind the fact that I don't see a difference when I wax because there is no difference to be seen.

I've seen a lot of door dings/dents/scratches appearing recently and its really starting to piss me off. I'd LOVE to find those drivers and beat the crap out of 'em. Granted, I don't drive a brand new Corvette.. but I'd still like to keep my paint in the flawless condition it has been in.

I've got no complaints about my white 95'. It looks great when waxed, granted its not as pretty or deep looking as a well waxed black car it still looks pretty darn good. And if you want your white paint to look deep all you've got to do is polish it then put a good coat of wax on, it should look great.

other than the spray on wax at a car wash i only used meguires and some tutle wax that came in a bottle with some kit i got, no diff that i could see