A

Invasion1

Guest TurboSedan

eclipse5302 had one for sale (still does according to his website). he used it on his '91 Cutlass Supreme with a TGP engine/trans. might check to see if he still has it FS. i don't know any other details about it. good luck

I have used FreeScan, ALDLMon, and EFILive. By far the best is EFILive but is a licensed product so you either have to setup a definition for them to get a free license or buy the software. As for the cable, I made my own, I think I spent $15 for the parts and had it together in less than an hour, not the 160 baud 2 transistor version, the 8192 baud version.

I have used FreeScan, ALDLMon, and EFILive. By far the best is EFILive but is a licensed product so you either have to setup a definition for them to get a free license or buy the software. As for the cable, I made my own, I think I spent $15 for the parts and had it together in less than an hour, not the 160 baud 2 transistor version, the 8192 baud version.

How did you make your own cable? I'm interested!

Guest TurboSedan

How did you make your own cable? I'm interested!

Here is a link to the schematic that I used to build mine.

http://moates.net/imagery/gmecm/max232.jpg

The difference between this one and some of the others posted by malibuolds is that it uses transistors to ensure a full 5 volts travels to and from the circuit. It is a little more complicated to build but I have not had a single problem with it.

Can you please make me up a parts list, so I can make a lame attempt at building this?

Ok, I got most of my stuff from a web store called Iguana Labs. They are at http://www.iguanalabs.com. They have great prices on things but here is a parts list as it reads from their catalog.

Max232 Kit

5 Volt Kit

Transistor Pack

Small Wire Kit

Optional:

Breadboard

If you are good with soldering then you can skip the breadboard and go straight to the PCB. I already had a breadboard and wire kit so I didn't need to buy those and it saved me about $12. The resistors can be purchased from Radioshack cheaper (shocker), they are only $2 for a 10 pack of 10K ohm 1/4 watt resistors. If you buy the kits from Iguana labs then they come with all necessary parts to make that individual part work, i.e. The 5 volt kit comes with it's own 25uf cap. The MAX232 kit comes with 5 caps and an 9 pin connector.

Let me know if you need any help with any of this.