Rim Project, you think it can be done?

Smoke1991

Hello everyone. Happy 4th n all, but its monday and i got tommorow off. Im broke and bored. so i figured that it would be a good idea to work on the cutlass :P. Anyhow, here are the pics of my rims on the car now (before shots) sence i have the pics on a free host, you gota click on the link then view the images

http://eval-s.8m.net/Cutlass/

well lets see how it looks tommorow.

I figured im gona do as follows:

Take 1 tire off at a time to make work ezier

using a metal brissle brush scrape all crap off with cleaning stuff

after rim is completly cleaned, reapply damaged clearcoat with stuff i have laying around the gurage.

repeat as follows for the other 3.

hehehe

don't bother scraping anything off just yet. Spray and soak them with castrol super clean and use a medium bristle brush all over it, then spray with a little water and brush it again to get the suds going, then rinse off. Then you can gage how bad the damage is.

Yuck those rims are nasty as mess man. When's the last time they have been cleaned...when you bought it? If my rims ever get that gross I hope someone will beat me over the head with a freakin base ball bat until I pass out on the floor with a concussion....yeah that's right.

OK, here's what you do.

1. Get a bucket with soap/water and with a cloth and get them biatches clean.

2. Get some spray-on rim cleaner and let that shit soak in and clean off.

3. Get some sand paper for the really corroded/nasty spots and rub them clean.

4. Apply some metal polish.

5. Buff with a terry cloth and some rim shinner.

That's the least you could do for them....LMFAO!

well my friend is helping me with the restoration. I havent cleaned em in 3 weeks, but then again, ive put about 3000 miles on the car in those 3 weeks, the rims looked like complete shit when i got the car, but from one of those pics, i can get them looking good with my methods.

also, i will not paint em black, need somthing to be different on the car.

the original owner was a big oll lady, 130K miles on it, never did regular maintnance on it. Sence about a year ago, ive been learning about the whole cutlass car and everything i need to know on how to keep her running.

Its a work in progress...

Anyhow, ima take my day off tommorow and go to the beach. i got my friends jeep tonight sence he was shit faced and passed out. So im taking his car on a little trip.

But anyhow, ive pulled crazy shit off before. I can pull this off.

Like i said b4, look at the rim with a bit of cleaning. i get a rim cleaner brush, broke the handle off and put it in a power drill :twisted: it worked for the most part. But the area still needs attention.

Also, the interior right now is cleaner than my dads brand new hyundai (dam imports).

Ima go now, 3:40 AM and im still drunk... :cheers:

:think: well 2 days, the car is going to be completly cleaned, waxed, compounded...etc and you will see my awsome skills... :worship:

i got my friends jeep tonight sence he was shit faced and passed out. So im taking his car on a little trip.

drinking and driving is always a bright idea....

i got my friends jeep tonight sence he was shit faced and passed out. So im taking his car on a little trip.

drinking and driving is always a bright idea....

oh common jeremy...it always is after 3:30am :P j/k

when i do end up driving back from the bar i drive no more than the speed limit. THis is ofcourse when one of my friends decides to be a retard and drink too much to be the DD. This is most notably my friend Doc. :roll:

back to the subject at hand...goddamn those rims are bad dude. I thought mine were bad...jeezus!

396746_15_full.jpg

I only have one centercap that still looks okay. The rest now have lost the red paint for the olds symbol. I'll take some pics when I get home today if I remember.

we all got drunk at my friends house 2 houses down, but the friend with the jeep lives all the way where brianP works (about 10 miles from my house)

Anyway, i got a cure for the rims, you be the judge on how it comes out after i do my little restoration deal. I think i can make em look a shitload better!

:dammit:

well i did one, but it took 6 hrs and i never really finished cleaning it up, it looks almost brand new. its seriously not worth it.

Its just better off to buy new rims for the car...

well ill have pics soon of the somewhat cleaned one, i just think its not worth it because the valve stem is in the way of me finishing it.