Slotted/drilled 11.25 front rotors

GutlessSupreme

I know, I know.. it's been asked a million times, but no one can agree :P

I'm looking to do the bigger front brake upgrade with my birthday money, I need a recomendation on where to get new slotted/drilled front rotors. I've been reading that ceramic pads suck? I don't know, I need pad recomendations too. I was thinking Brutestops?

thanks

Although cross drilled looks better in my opinion it can lead to serious wear and warpage, I'd take slotted with some low dust ceramics.

why would you get cross-drilled/slotted rotors when you can't see them with sawblade rims?? I can't believe that they would benefit a "w" very much....

why would you get cross-drilled/slotted rotors when you can't see them with sawblade rims?? I can't believe that they would benefit a "w" very much....

Because I don't give a shit what they look like, I want my damn rotors to stop warping, and I want my car to STOP when I hit the brakes. Come on, you know as well as I do that every little bit helps with these cars.

:P

If you can handle the brake dust (which is BLACK), buy Performance Friction carbon metallic pads................their street compound works nicely even at low temps, and just get better as they get hot (to a point).

Another choice for those who hate brake dust (although you'll pay a little more) are EBC Greenstuff pads. These have a tendency to wear out a bit faster under extreme abuse though due to their softer compound (although the benefit is less rotor wear).

Ceramic pads are mostly hype, and can't stand up to a TRUE performance oriented pad.

I'm running Hawk HPS pads all around with PowerSlot rotors. I have the 11.25" front brakes and 94+ rears. The initial bite of the hawk pads is less than the Raybestos I had on previously, but they dust MUCH less, don't squeal, and seem to offer greater overall braking power.

Tim

Edit- I forgot- no warping since switching to the Powerslot rotors, Hawk pads, and 94+ rears.